Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Buyers didn’t get the memo that it’s the Holiday Season when you shop for presents, not houses. They went out and ratified a whopping 40 contracts on homes in Arlington this week. Sellers only listed 19 homes. They must have figured buyers would be Christmas shopping. Boy were they wrong.
Of the 19 new listings, eight sold within a week. And of the 40 ratified contracts, all but one were priced under $900,000. The days on market jumped to 63 because several home sold that had been on the market over a year. This all points to strong demand, and a vibrant market.
Interest rates remained unchanged this week, hovering at 4% for a 30-yr fixed rate.
The big news this week of course is the new GOP tax plan. As a result of three key changes, a Moody’s Analytics report on Monday says that by the summer of 2019 home prices will be 4 percent lower nationally than what they would have been if no tax bill was passed. It will be worse for high value east coast and west coast properties.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4600 FOUR MILE RUN DR #540, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $179,900
- 2700 16TH ST S #670, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $309,900
- 4079 FOUR MILE RUN DR #303, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $327,900
- 1567 COLONIAL TER N #406-Z, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $349,000
- 2321 25TH ST S #2-308, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $390,000
- 2853 BUCHANAN ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $450,000
- 6712 LEE HWY #B, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $750,000
- 3200 TRINIDAD ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22213 – $1,950,000