It’s the end of a cold and snowy week; quite a way to start 2018.
Before we head out for the weekend, these were our most-read stories this week:
- DEVELOPING: SWAT Team Arrests Man in Crystal City Parking Lot
- Ms. Peacock’s Champagne Lounge Open at The Board Room
- Crime Report: Man Breaks into Clarendon Home, Refuses to Leave
- County Offering Refunds on Tax Prepayments
- Arlington’s First Dedicated Poke Restaurant Open in Pentagon City
And these received the most comments:
- Morning Notes (January 2)
- Cristol Elected County Board Chair, Dorsey New Vice Chair
- Local Business Owner Warns of Biking Dangers on Columbia Pike
- Schwartz Gives Bicycle Advisory Committee a ‘Revamping’
- Morning Poll: 2018 Resolutions for Arlington
Discuss anything of local interest in the comments below. Have a great weekend!
Flickr pool photo by Lisa Novak
Tour Country Club Hills to discover its lush herbage, mature trees, and the Victorian and frame houses of the area in Neighborhood Spotlight.
A soggy weekend is on tap after an otherwise pretty nice final week of September. Obviously this week’s big story was the devastation in Florida, the huge scale of which…
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
9th Street Chamber Music is back in business for its second season! 9SCM is disrupting the stereotypes of classical music as stuffy, dry, and elite through dynamic yet accessible performances and its one-of-a-kind String Quartet Intensive for young musicians in the DC Metro area.[9th Street Quartet](https://www.9thstreetchambermusic.com/9th-street- quartet)’s first concert is on Sunday, October 16 at 4:00 PM. The group will offer, for the first time, a ‘Playlist Shuffle’ themed concert featuring single movements of string quartet favorites. Tickets for this concert can be found here, and are $20 for adults and FREE for all students under 18.
Rehearsals began Monday, September 27 for the String Quartet Intensive, welcoming 32 new and returning members to the program. These talented musicians in grades 7 through 12 represent over fifteen area schools throughout Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland, and are an integral part of the growing 9SCM community. Their first performance will take place on Monday, November 28 at 7:30 PM.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker