Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Happy New Year! Team Cathell wishes you an outstanding 2018!
Arlington’s real estate market has already picked up steam this week with 26 new listings and 24 homes sold. Currently there are 346 active home sale listings in Arlington. At the current rate of absorption, that’s 3.6 months of inventory. That’s how we are starting off the year.
The Spring real estate market for our area starts mid January as buyers scour the low inventory in search of deals. The Spring market typically hits its peak about mid March and sustains that level until Memorial Day holiday weekend in May.
Mortgage rates bounced around a bit this week ending about 5 basis points lower following the drop in the yield on the 10-yr US Treasury bill this week. The 30-yr fixed rate mortgage is about 3.95%. Freddie Mac doesn’t expect to see much increase any time soon. On Wednesday, it reported that “there isn’t much upward pressure on long term interest rates at the moment.”
Memo to buyers: It’s a great time to buy, if you can only find that special home.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 3835 9TH ST N #507E, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $365,000
- 4601 31ST RD S #C1, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $365,000
- 1530 KEY BLVD #705, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $399,000
- 1101 ARLINGTON RIDGE RD #301, ARLINGTON, VA 22202 – $409,900
- 888 QUINCY ST #410, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $509,000
- 3393 S STAFFORD ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $565,000
- 918 17TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202 – $1,499,000
- 1610A QUEEN ST #218, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $1,640,000