Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Arlington’s real estate market picked up a bit this week as 31 buyers ratified contracts and 28 sellers listed their homes. Arlington’s inventory shortage continues as buyers outpace sellers. Of the 31 homes sold this week, only two sold for over $1 million, and seven homes sold within a week. A lot of aging inventory got cleared out, which pushed the average days on market to 63.
Mortgage applications shot up 8.3% this week nationally, mostly for refinancing. Home equity increased in several areas of the US that are still recovering from the recession. Also, homeowners want to take advantage of today’s low rates for fear of rates increasing later this year.
Mortgage rates this week shot up early, then dropped back to about a 10 basis point increase. The 30-yr fixed rate mortgage is now about 4.1%. But this week rates vary significantly among different lenders so be sure to shop around before locking in your rate.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1859 WILSON BLVD #5-367, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $299,000
- 1600 OAK ST N #424, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $405,000
- 6563 WILLIAMSBURG BLVD, ARLINGTON, VA 22213 – $748,000
- 5725 16TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $754,000
- 6137 WILLIAMSBURG BLVD, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $785,000
- 1120 19th ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202 – $799,000
- 2513 23RD RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $1,265,000
- 500 HIGHLAND ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $1,389,900