Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Hooray! Somebody opened the inventory gates this week. Buyers were happy to have 56 new listings to choose from, and they wasted no time. They ratified 54 contracts on Arlington homes. Some 17 of those homes sold within a week, and seven sold for over $1 million.
It might be snowy outside with freezing temps, but the real estate market is in Spring season. Agents are reporting a surge in buyer showings and attendance at open houses. The days on market this week shot up to 72 due to about 15 sold homes that had been on the market over five months.
Interest rates ticked up again this week by 4 basis points. The 30-yr fixed rate is now about 4.2%, but some lenders are still offering 4% while others are at 4.3%. So be sure to shop around before locking in a rate. Freddie Mac said yesterday that we can expect to see, “upward pressure on long-term rates.”
Some great news for Arlington: We are still in the running for the new location of Amazon’s HQ2. Northern Virginia got short listed yesterday among the top 20 locations. Some 238 cities had applied.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1001 VERMONT ST #515, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $384,000
- 4630C 28TH RD S #C, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $399,000
- 3543 STAFFORD ST S #B, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $474,900
- 5004 25TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $630,000
- 133 HIGHLAND ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $899,900
- 4845 25TH RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $1,200,000
- 5219 22ND ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $1,275,000
- 2859 11TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $1,500,000