Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
For buyers in the Arlington market, it’s been a rough and tumble week. Low inventory and a surge of buyer activity has created a highly competitive environment.
Only 49 sellers listed their homes this week, but 57 buyers ratified contracts and 21 of those new listings sold within seven days. That’s a lightening pace of absorption, and not just in the mid to lower price points. Some 11 of the homes sold this week were priced over $1m, the highest pace in months.
Interest rates rose again this week about 5 basis points to about 4.25% for a 30-yr fixed rate, but there’s a big swing in rates depending on lenders. So be sure to shop around before locking in a rate. Freddie Mac expects rates to continue a slow steady rise as the economy continues to improve and labor markets are tightening which should produce increased household incomes.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1906 RHODES ST #49, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $299,900
- 1530 KEY BLVD #1017, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $387,500
- 901 MONROE ST #1216, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $599,000
- 1021 GARFIELD ST #309, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $760,000
- 2229 VERNON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $799,900
- 6415 24TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $839,000
- 2538 3RD ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $870,000
- 4731 34TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $1,249,900