Today was another hot day, but this weekend is looking a bit rainy.
Alter your Derby Day attire accordingly, and remember to be responsible with your celebration during the races and at any Cinco de Mayo festivities you find yourself at.
Before you break out the fascinators and make yourself a mint julep, let’s take a look back at ARLnow’s most read stories over the past week.
- Following Sudden Death of Patrick Henry Elementary Principal, Temporary Replacement Named
- Country Clubs, County Strike Deal to End Tax Standoff
- ACPD Investigating Fatal Pedestrian Crash on Columbia Pike
- APS Eyes Seven Elementary Schools as Future “Option” Program Sites
- Reaction: Parents Frustrated, Miss Work over APS Tech Failure
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, how much you love or loathe gondola talk, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend!
Photo courtesy of Frank Bellavia, Arlington Public Schools
Update at 9:40 p.m. — All lanes have reopened, Arlington County says. Update at 6:40 p.m. — The southbound lanes have reopened but the northbound lanes are expected to remain…
Enjoy alpacas, farmers markets and more at the Loudoun County Spring Farm Tour May 21-22.
A local man raised nearly $2,000 holding a yard sale this past weekend to help children impacted by the war. Constantin a Ukrainian-American who lives in Arlington’s East Falls Church…
Cali is the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week who loves treats, watching Netflix and nose boops.