Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
The slower pace of sales has pushed Arlington’s “months of inventory” to 2.4 months from 1.9 months this spring. The number of active homes for sale is about the same as spring at 500-525.
The Federal Reserve chairman this week signaled in testimony on the Hill that the Fed is poised to raise the federal funds rate probably twice more this year based on the strength of the economy. The previous two hikes were 0.25% each. This short term rate effects consumer spending like credit cards and car loans.
Mortgage rates remained steady this week with the 30-yr fixed rate at 4.65%-4.75%.
An emerging trend for home owners in Arlington is home expansion and renovation rather than buy up. As new home prices are exceeding earth’s gravity, home owners are staying put and doing additions to get the space they need. Contractors and specialized lenders are reporting an increase in this activity.
Team Cathell has excelled for 20 years in advising home owners whether it makes sense to add space and renovate, or avoid the dust and buy up. If you are contemplating your options, give us a call and we can help you analyze your choices.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1903 N. KEY BLVD #549, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $375,000
- 5029 23RD ST S., ARLINGTON, VA 22206 — $440,000
- 1001 N. VERMONT ST #706, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $515,000
- 2909 S. BUCHANAN ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 — $524,900
- 4735 1ST ST N., ARLINGTON, VA 22203 — $650,000
- 2148 N. MILITARY RD, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 — $699,900
- 907 N. NOTTINGHAM ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $789,900
- 506 S. NORWOOD ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 — $1,299,000