Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Buyers stepped up the pace this week and gave a boost to the traditional summer doldrums of our real estate market.
They ratified 67 contracts compared to typically 50-55 sales a week in the summer. And sellers added another 78 fresh listings to the inventory. Some 25 of those got snatched up in less than seven days, mostly in price points under $700,000.
Mortgage rates have been flat this week hovering at 4.65% to 4.75% for 30-yr fixed rate. But the news Wednesday that the White House and European Union may avert a trade war could lead to higher rates, starting today. So pay attention.
- Did you get flooded during that torrential downpour on Wednesday evening? Here are some tips to keep your basement dry:
- Remove leaves & debris from outside stairwell drains
- Clean your gutters of all leaves and debris
- Make sure your downspouts carry the roof run off at least 3-4 feet away from foundation wall
- If you have a sump pump, test it to make sure its operating properly
- If you don’t have a sump pump, consider installing a French drain system on the interior foundation wall of your basement, and add a battery back up system to your sump pump
- Grade the earth around the perimeter of your foundation wall to carry the water away, sloping 1/4 inch per foot
- Or, you could just hope for the best!
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 3000 N. SPOUT RUN PKWY #C601, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $348,000
- 1001 N. VERMONT ST #409, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $375,000
- 5612 5TH ST N., ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $625,000
- 1117 S. EMERSON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 — $649,900
- 1404 S. RANDOLPH ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 — $749,900
- 235 S. BARTON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $824,900
- 1535 N. RANDOLPH ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 — $848,000
- 859 N. JACKSONVILLE ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $1,149,000
A soggy weekend is on tap after an otherwise pretty nice final week of September. Obviously this week’s big story was the devastation in Florida, the huge scale of which…
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
A 3 BD/2 BA condo with views of the Washington Monument and a freshly painted 4 BD/2 BA home is included in Home Hunt Highlights.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker