Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Buyers stepped up the pace this week and gave a boost to the traditional summer doldrums of our real estate market.
They ratified 67 contracts compared to typically 50-55 sales a week in the summer. And sellers added another 78 fresh listings to the inventory. Some 25 of those got snatched up in less than seven days, mostly in price points under $700,000.
Mortgage rates have been flat this week hovering at 4.65% to 4.75% for 30-yr fixed rate. But the news Wednesday that the White House and European Union may avert a trade war could lead to higher rates, starting today. So pay attention.
- Did you get flooded during that torrential downpour on Wednesday evening? Here are some tips to keep your basement dry:
- Remove leaves & debris from outside stairwell drains
- Clean your gutters of all leaves and debris
- Make sure your downspouts carry the roof run off at least 3-4 feet away from foundation wall
- If you have a sump pump, test it to make sure its operating properly
- If you don’t have a sump pump, consider installing a French drain system on the interior foundation wall of your basement, and add a battery back up system to your sump pump
- Grade the earth around the perimeter of your foundation wall to carry the water away, sloping 1/4 inch per foot
- Or, you could just hope for the best!
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 3000 N. SPOUT RUN PKWY #C601, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $348,000
- 1001 N. VERMONT ST #409, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $375,000
- 5612 5TH ST N., ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $625,000
- 1117 S. EMERSON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 — $649,900
- 1404 S. RANDOLPH ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 — $749,900
- 235 S. BARTON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $824,900
- 1535 N. RANDOLPH ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 — $848,000
- 859 N. JACKSONVILLE ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $1,149,000
A dog is lucky to be alive after getting caught in a fence along I-395. Animal control officers from the Animal Welfare League of Arlington rescued the petrified pup from…
Peter’s Take is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. Even prior to COVID-19, APS students’ reading proficiency had been on the decline–a problem which Superintendent…
Firefighters are working to rescue an injured driver after their car careened off the northbound GW Parkway and into a thick patch of woods, just north of Spout Run.
With the opening of a new concourse at Reagan National Airport, aircraft noise above Arlington remains at a high volume and the region is still studying ways to mitigate the…