Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Buyers stepped up the pace this week and gave a boost to the traditional summer doldrums of our real estate market.
They ratified 67 contracts compared to typically 50-55 sales a week in the summer. And sellers added another 78 fresh listings to the inventory. Some 25 of those got snatched up in less than seven days, mostly in price points under $700,000.
Mortgage rates have been flat this week hovering at 4.65% to 4.75% for 30-yr fixed rate. But the news Wednesday that the White House and European Union may avert a trade war could lead to higher rates, starting today. So pay attention.
- Did you get flooded during that torrential downpour on Wednesday evening? Here are some tips to keep your basement dry:
- Remove leaves & debris from outside stairwell drains
- Clean your gutters of all leaves and debris
- Make sure your downspouts carry the roof run off at least 3-4 feet away from foundation wall
- If you have a sump pump, test it to make sure its operating properly
- If you don’t have a sump pump, consider installing a French drain system on the interior foundation wall of your basement, and add a battery back up system to your sump pump
- Grade the earth around the perimeter of your foundation wall to carry the water away, sloping 1/4 inch per foot
- Or, you could just hope for the best!
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 3000 N. SPOUT RUN PKWY #C601, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $348,000
- 1001 N. VERMONT ST #409, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $375,000
- 5612 5TH ST N., ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $625,000
- 1117 S. EMERSON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 — $649,900
- 1404 S. RANDOLPH ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 — $749,900
- 235 S. BARTON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $824,900
- 1535 N. RANDOLPH ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 — $848,000
- 859 N. JACKSONVILLE ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $1,149,000
Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 4853 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
This past week saw 57 homes sold in Arlington. The least expensive condo, single-family home or townhouse sale over the past seven days was $169,000 while the most expensive was…
Arlington County has filed a response to the Missing Middle lawsuit against it. Ten residents are suing the county, arguing that the recently-passed zoning changes known as Missing Middle were approved illegally…
The westbound lanes of Columbia Pike are closed near Penrose Square due to a gas leak. It appears that a construction crew working in the roadway struck a gas line….
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,