Students at a Clarendon area daycare center are spending part of their morning on the Arlington County Fire Department’s mass casualty ambulance bus.
A fire department spokesman said the ambulance bus was dispatched to the 1200 block of N. Ivy Street, where firefighters are investigating a possible gas leak inside a building.
The block is home to NOVA KinderCare, a daycare center. The spokesman said the bus was deployed to keep children warm as firefighters investigate the reported leak and await the arrival of Washington Gas.
No injuries have been reported.
Update at 9:35 a.m. — The daycare building has been deemed safe to re-occupy, according to scanner traffic.
8:23am today units called to 1200 blk N Ivy St for smell of gas in Daycare. No medical issues reported. Kids were moved to nearby building while cause was investigated. Issue isolated to HVAC which was shut down. Building ventilated. Kids returned to building for parent pickup.
— Arlington Fire (@ArlingtonVaFD) November 29, 2018
Photo via ACFD/Twitter
Local Republicans nominated Arlington resident Karina Lipsman on Saturday to seek the U.S. House seat currently held by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.). Early voting is underway for the primary to…
An Arlington man is facing charges after allegedly shoving and threatening a county parking aide. The incident happened Thursday afternoon along S. Lowell Street in the Green Valley neighborhood. “At…
Fill your days with adventure as District Fray Magazine compiles a list of 26 things to do this summer.
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Two companies that help…