Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Amazon’s HQ2 influence is already being felt in Arlington. Investors are appearing from nowhere looking for rental properties in the greater “National Landing” area. And home owners in Arlington seem reluctant to sell perhaps on hopes their homes will be much more valuable in a few years.
Only 24 brave sellers put their homes on the market this week, while 68 buyers ratified contracts. If buyers are this eager just a few weeks before Christmas just think how crazy the Spring market may be. Amazon’s HQ2 decision will prove a great blessing for Arlington as elsewhere in the country the housing market may not fare so well.
We know the number of home sales is down 10% nationally from last year. And there are other signs the economy may be weakening causing some in financial circles to start talking about the R-word… recession. General Motors just laid off 14,000 workers and closed a few plants. Wall Street anxiety over trade wars with China is blamed for this week’s dramatic drop in the Dow Jones index of stock prices.
The movement of capital out of equities into safer 10-year US Treasury bonds pushed the yield lower this week which caused mortgage rates to drop as well by about 1/8% to 1/4%. So, the silver lining in all this news for home buyers is that rates are now down to 4.75% – 4.875% for a 30-yr fixed rate loan with no points.
Now if there were only some housing inventory for buyers to wrap up their dream home in a Christmas contract.
Click here to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 2400 N. Clarendon Boulevard Unit 611, Arlington, VA 22201 — $420,000
- 1130 N. Stafford Street Unit #B, Arlington, VA 22201 — $724,900
- 4726 16th Road N., Arlington, VA 22207 — $779,000
- 1942 N. Upland Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $825,000
- 5921 3rd Street S., Arlington, VA 22204 — $830,000
- 2613 N. Harrison Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $899,900
- 1103 N. Fillmore Street, Arlington, VA 22201 — $1,150,000
- 3733 N. Tazewell Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,795,000