It’s Friday which means you made it to the weekend: Congratulations you!
If you’ve made it this far, you waded through this week’s national news headlines to read our coverage on local issues like the School Board settling with the Department of Justice over allegations of inadequate services for some English-learner students.
And if you’re still reading, you’ve made it through Arlington’s power outages and the thunderstorm warning to read our analysis of why the county’s bar crawls have disappeared and how the county turns compost into fresh produce for a food bank.
But in that newstorm you may have missed the many restaurant openings and closings around the county. Here’s just a few:
- ‘Sexy Seafood’ Joint to Open in Ballston Quarter Next Week
- Ted’s Bulletin and Sidekick Bakery Target June Opening at Ballston Quarter
- Josephine’s Italian Kitchen on Columbia Pike Closes
- Kora in Crystal City Closes
- New Coffee Shop Coming to Courthouse in the Fall
Also, if you’re missing two adorable pups, there’s late word that the Arlington County Fire Department helped to bring them to the Animal Welfare League of Arlington:
What was your favorite story this week? And how do you plan to spend your weekend? Let us know in the comments below.