We are now officially in the back half of August and the final innings of summer.
That is especially true if you define summer as the time between Memorial Day and Labor Day, which pools are open and shandies are still stocked on supermarket beer shelves.
For those staying here or heading out of town, we hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. Here, for your weekend (beach) reading list, are the most-read stories on ARLnow this past week.
- Netflix Documentary Shines Spotlight on Shadowy, Arlington-Based Christian Organization
- Group of Black Parents Say Racial Disparities in Arlington Schools Need to End
- Pete’s New Haven Apizza in Clarendon Has Closed
- The Legend of Marceytown and Arlington’s Buried Treasure
- Subway in Ballston Closing Within the Month
- Whitlow’s Seeking to Renew Lease
- Shelter to Host Kitten Yoga Event with Adoptable Felines
- JUST IN: Serious Pedestrian Crash on Columbia Pike
- Cheesetique to Open New Location in Shirlington
For the second year in a row, the in-person Marine Corps Marathon and associated festivities have been cancelled. The Marathon, a major tourism event for Arlington, had been scheduled for…
Clarendon-based Axios is growing quickly, in part due to its entry into a shrinking business: local news.
Tesla Dealership Coming to S. Glebe Road — ARLnow’s scoop from February is all but confirmed: “Tesla Inc. appears to be filling the high-end auto dealership void left by Maserati’s…
Find the ultimate urban farmhouse in this week’s Just Listed. The 4 BD/2 BA house built in 1909 sits on a quarter-acre lot and features a finished attic and a basement.