We are now officially in the back half of August and the final innings of summer.
That is especially true if you define summer as the time between Memorial Day and Labor Day, which pools are open and shandies are still stocked on supermarket beer shelves.
For those staying here or heading out of town, we hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. Here, for your weekend (beach) reading list, are the most-read stories on ARLnow this past week.
- Netflix Documentary Shines Spotlight on Shadowy, Arlington-Based Christian Organization
- Group of Black Parents Say Racial Disparities in Arlington Schools Need to End
- Pete’s New Haven Apizza in Clarendon Has Closed
- The Legend of Marceytown and Arlington’s Buried Treasure
- Subway in Ballston Closing Within the Month
- Whitlow’s Seeking to Renew Lease
- Shelter to Host Kitten Yoga Event with Adoptable Felines
- JUST IN: Serious Pedestrian Crash on Columbia Pike
- Cheesetique to Open New Location in Shirlington
Update at 11 p.m. — The number of Dominion customers still in the dark is down modestly, to 7,378. A company spokeswoman said “the storms left a lot damage” and…
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…