After a seemingly endless summer, a more temperate weekend is upon us and fall-like weather is here to stay.
As a special treat this weekend, we present to you a video from the “Roadeo” competition for Arlington public works crews, held Thursday at Long Bridge Park, courtesy of our staff photographer Jay Westcott.
You can also view Fox 5’s coverage of the Roadeo here.
Whether you’re attending one of the many events this weekend, staying in, or heading out of town, you can use the following list to catch up on the biggest Arlington stories of the week.
Here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- Nova Mac and Cheese Fest Cancelled, Would-Be Attendees Shred Organizers on Social Media
- JBG Smith Announces Massive Redevelopment Plan for Crystal City
- Columbia Pike Blocked After Woman Struck By Van
- An Arlington Youth Soccer Team is Forfeiting Games After Player Pulled
- Sfoglina Opening in Rosslyn This Weekend
- Officials Mulling Removal of Route 1 Overpasses in Crystal City
- Chamber of Commerce Launches All-Arlington Restaurant Week
- What’s Next: End Prohibition Era Laws in Virginia
- ‘Ballston Street Bash and Mega Market’ Planned Thursday
Feel free to discuss these stories or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Shots Fired in Green Valley — “ACPD is investigating a shots fired incident in the 3200 block of 24th Street S. which occurred at approximately 8:14 p.m. No victims related…
Introducing your new Neighborhood Spotlight. Follow McEnearney Associates Realtors as they feature neighborhoods in Arlington.
It’s a Friday afternoon and the start of what promises to be a gorgeous, basically perfect early fall weekend.
A recall effort targeting Arlington’s top prosecutor is reportedly gaining some traction. In August, a political group named Virginians for Safe Communities (VSC) launched a recall effort against Parisa Dehghani-Tafti,…