After a seemingly endless summer, a more temperate weekend is upon us and fall-like weather is here to stay.
As a special treat this weekend, we present to you a video from the “Roadeo” competition for Arlington public works crews, held Thursday at Long Bridge Park, courtesy of our staff photographer Jay Westcott.
You can also view Fox 5’s coverage of the Roadeo here.
Whether you’re attending one of the many events this weekend, staying in, or heading out of town, you can use the following list to catch up on the biggest Arlington stories of the week.
Here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- Nova Mac and Cheese Fest Cancelled, Would-Be Attendees Shred Organizers on Social Media
- JBG Smith Announces Massive Redevelopment Plan for Crystal City
- Columbia Pike Blocked After Woman Struck By Van
- An Arlington Youth Soccer Team is Forfeiting Games After Player Pulled
- Sfoglina Opening in Rosslyn This Weekend
- Officials Mulling Removal of Route 1 Overpasses in Crystal City
- Chamber of Commerce Launches All-Arlington Restaurant Week
- What’s Next: End Prohibition Era Laws in Virginia
- ‘Ballston Street Bash and Mega Market’ Planned Thursday
Feel free to discuss these stories or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Arlington — along with D.C. and much of the region — is now under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch. The watch is in effect until 9 p.m. Forecasters say strong storms…
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…