Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
You know it’s holiday shopping season when there’s total gridlock on the roads within five miles of any shopping center.
Us consumers are doing our part to keep the economy humming along. Buying and selling homes is not typically a priority for most people this time of year. But homes must be on their shopping list.
Buyers ratified an amazing 44 contracts this week, and sellers listed 33 homes. Those are good numbers this close to the holidays.
Not to put any pressure on you buyers out there, but the spring real estate market starts the second week of January. Check the calendar. That’s only three weeks away. That means you have a window of opportunity of just three weeks to find the right home, negotiate relatively aggressively and ratify a contract. In three weeks, buyers will be out in volume with limited inventory and the battles will begin. So quickly finish your holiday shopping and find the right house.
Realtor.com just issued its housing market forecast for 2020, and it’s mostly not good. Here are some key projections:
- A relatively stagnant market with 1.8% fewer sales of existing home
- A national median price increase of only 0.8%
- 25 of 100 top US cities will experience a drop in average home prices
- Weakened buyer affordability, and even lower inventory levels than today
- Millennials will account for over 50% of home purchases for the first time ever
- Gen Xers will follow with 38% of purchases, trailed by Boomers at 17%
- About the only good news is mortgage rates will remain steady peaking at 3.85%
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4401 N. Lee Highway Unit 49, Arlington, VA 22207 — $225,000
- 2813 2nd Street S., Arlington, VA 22204 — $869,900
- 5724 4th Street N., Arlington, VA 22205 — $898,500
- 5702 7th Street N., Arlington, VA 22205 — $1,275,000
- 314 N. Barton Street, Arlington, VA 22201 — $1,399,000
- 6593 N. Williamsburg, Arlington, VA 22213 — $1,699,900
- 5821 25th Road N., Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,795,000
- 5105 26th Road N., Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,895,000
Just in time for the spooky season, Crystal City’s Synetic Theater is debuting a “bloody” adaptation of Dracula. The two-decade-old, local non-profit theater is bringing one of the world’s most…
Whatever you think of Arlington’s missing middle housing proposal — and there are those who strongly support and oppose it — you might find yourself agreeing with Mike Mount’s latest…
MdF Fixes to Nix Six Plexes? — “Arlington County Board member Matt de Ferranti says he is opposed to including eight-plexes as part of plans to eliminate single-family zoning across…
High school football season is in play, but this year, fewer students in Arlington Public Schools will be in the stands cheering on their friends. That is because Arlington County…
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying