It has been a cold and active week, both weather-wise and news-wise.
Luckily, after a cloudy and cold Saturday, milder temperatures and a stretch of fair weather is on tap for at least the next week. And, barring breaking news, starting Tuesday ARLnow will be switching to a reduced publishing schedule around the holidays, giving the hard-working people who bring you the news a chance to take a little break after a busy year.
Here are the most-read stories of the past week on the site:
- Arlington County Board Revokes Live Entertainment Permit for Purple Lounge
- Six Restaurants Coming to DCA’s New Concourse
- Alexandria Man Arrested After Clarendon Stabbing
- Plans for New CVS on Highlander Motel Site Appear to Be Advancing
- Photos: Pupatella Now Open In South Arlington
- Cyclist Struck Near Clarendon
- County Board Approves Request To Eliminate Off-Site Parking At New Children’s School on Lee Highway
- What’s Next: Arlington’s Best
- Governor Announces Deal for New Potomac Rail Bridge, Expanded Passenger Rail Service
Feel free to discuss these or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Update at 8:40 p.m. — There are 8,295 Dominion customers without power in Arlington, according to the utility company. Outages have been reported in the East Falls Church, Madison Manor,…
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…