Welcome to New Homes, a biweekly column highlighting the new construction real estate market, written by Conor Sullivan and Dave Moya of Three Stones Residential at Keller Williams Realty. We are here to share our experience and expertise in lot acquisition, financing and construction of custom homes.
Trends come and go, especially in home design.
Remember shag carpeting? While many of the new home construction that we see is customized to the client, we do see trends in most new homes that are consistent. As we begin to close out this decade, we are sharing trends we’ve seen really take over the past several years.
- Wide Open Spaces: Open Concept. It’s been a popular design preference by many homeowners over the past several years. We like to be in one area of the home, and still be able to keep an eye on everything else that’s going on. The kitchen tends to be the center of the household, so having open lines and views from this room is the most desired when designing a home.
- Smart Technology: There are so many options these days to help make your home a Smart Home by installing new technology, helping to make it efficient and easy to operate — even when you’re not home! Let’s face it, busy lifestyles can lead us to forget to turn off the lights before we leave the house every now and then. With new smart technology, you can control almost anything from an app on your phone! Turn the heat down, lock or unlock the doors, turn off the lights, the list goes on.
- Low Maintenance & Sustainable Materials: When choosing the materials you want to finish your home with, many are looking to the types that can last years without needing any updating, and that have a reduced impact on the environment during production. This includes countertops, hardware and paint — select finishes that can be cleaned easily and don’t require maintenance. Sustainable flooring options include bamboo and hemp, made from durable plant fibers.
- Master Suite Oasis: While we seek an openness on the main level to live and entertain in, sometimes we just want somewhere to escape to. Enter — the Master Suite. Most new construction homes feature a large spa-like bathroom with a large soaking tub, shower complete with multiple shower heads and wide dual-sink vanities. This oasis is the perfect relaxing space to start and end your day.
- Gas Fireplaces: A fireplace can really set the mood for a room, adding a coziness factor that is enjoyed by so many. The days of finding firewood and kindling, stacking the logs just right and taming to the roaring fire all night are behind us. We can still get that cozy feeling (and heat!) from a gas fireplace. With the click of a button, you can easily turn the fireplace on or off, providing heat much more efficiently and quickly!
If you’re interested in new home construction going into the new year, we would love to help you find your dream home, or dream lot to build on! We’ve worked with many builders and new construction clients, and we’d love to be a part of your journey. Give us a call to schedule a consultation today! (571) 429-7670 or [email protected].
Below is a list of new homes in the Arlington area:
- 500 N. Kenmore Street, Arlington — $2,095,000 — 4,624 sq. ft.
- 314 N. Barton Street, Arlington — $1,399,000 — 3,000 sq. ft.
- 6593 Williamsburg, Arlington — $1,699,900 — 5,013 sq. ft.
- 5821 25th Road N., Arlington — $1,795,000 — 5,856 sq. ft.
- 2711 1st Street S., Arlington — $1,300,000 — 4,815 sq. ft.
- 4432 17th Street N., Arlington — $1,850,000 — 5,633 sq. ft.
Want to learn more about financing a New Home build? McLean Mortgage (NMLS ID: 99665) can handle all of your construction financing needs. You can build your new home with as little as 5% down. Contact construction loan expert Troy Toureau (NMLS ID: 5618) at 301-440-4261 or AnyHomeLoans.com to learn more.
A man who was charged with a hate crime after allegedly shoving a restaurant employee in Crystal City and refusing to pay for his meal pled guilty to a lesser…
Many myths surround car maintenance and repair but CarCare To Go is here to debunk them and provide simplicity to car repair.
A new survey shows that a majority of Arlingtonians are satisfied with public transit, but their levels of satisfaction vary by geography. Mobility Lab, a division of Arlington County Commuter…
The work of Latin American entrepreneurs and how their cultures have inspired them is highlighted during Hispanic Heritage Month.
INF Care Virtual Concierge is a new and inviting option to remote assistance that leverages the best of what technology should encompass with quality interaction.
For the busy individual that needs a way to reduce stress and tackle caring for an older family member that lives alone.
For the maturing adult that just needs help with everyday tedious tasks, connectivity, and access to data on their everyday habits to pinpoint areas that need more attention.
Looking for a more convenient way to work out?
On the Go Fitness Pro offers in home personal training. We bring the gym to you, so you can save time and skip the hassle of going to the gym. Plus, our trainers are certified and experienced, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible workout.
We provide all the equipment needed for a great workout or we can use the equipment that you have.
Schedule a free consultation today and see how we can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Mini Family & Pet Photo Sessions
Beat the rush and sign up to get your holiday photos now!
Bring your kids! Bring your dogs!
Check out the DeSilva Studios website. Look at the images and see if you like them