Welcome to New Homes, a biweekly column highlighting the new construction real estate market, written by Conor Sullivan and Dave Moya of Three Stones Residential at Keller Williams Realty. We are here to share our experience and expertise in lot acquisition, financing and construction of custom homes.
Trends come and go, especially in home design.
Remember shag carpeting? While many of the new home construction that we see is customized to the client, we do see trends in most new homes that are consistent. As we begin to close out this decade, we are sharing trends we’ve seen really take over the past several years.
- Wide Open Spaces: Open Concept. It’s been a popular design preference by many homeowners over the past several years. We like to be in one area of the home, and still be able to keep an eye on everything else that’s going on. The kitchen tends to be the center of the household, so having open lines and views from this room is the most desired when designing a home.
- Smart Technology: There are so many options these days to help make your home a Smart Home by installing new technology, helping to make it efficient and easy to operate — even when you’re not home! Let’s face it, busy lifestyles can lead us to forget to turn off the lights before we leave the house every now and then. With new smart technology, you can control almost anything from an app on your phone! Turn the heat down, lock or unlock the doors, turn off the lights, the list goes on.
- Low Maintenance & Sustainable Materials: When choosing the materials you want to finish your home with, many are looking to the types that can last years without needing any updating, and that have a reduced impact on the environment during production. This includes countertops, hardware and paint — select finishes that can be cleaned easily and don’t require maintenance. Sustainable flooring options include bamboo and hemp, made from durable plant fibers.
- Master Suite Oasis: While we seek an openness on the main level to live and entertain in, sometimes we just want somewhere to escape to. Enter — the Master Suite. Most new construction homes feature a large spa-like bathroom with a large soaking tub, shower complete with multiple shower heads and wide dual-sink vanities. This oasis is the perfect relaxing space to start and end your day.
- Gas Fireplaces: A fireplace can really set the mood for a room, adding a coziness factor that is enjoyed by so many. The days of finding firewood and kindling, stacking the logs just right and taming to the roaring fire all night are behind us. We can still get that cozy feeling (and heat!) from a gas fireplace. With the click of a button, you can easily turn the fireplace on or off, providing heat much more efficiently and quickly!
If you’re interested in new home construction going into the new year, we would love to help you find your dream home, or dream lot to build on! We’ve worked with many builders and new construction clients, and we’d love to be a part of your journey. Give us a call to schedule a consultation today! (571) 429-7670 or [email protected].
Below is a list of new homes in the Arlington area:
- 500 N. Kenmore Street, Arlington — $2,095,000 — 4,624 sq. ft.
- 314 N. Barton Street, Arlington — $1,399,000 — 3,000 sq. ft.
- 6593 Williamsburg, Arlington — $1,699,900 — 5,013 sq. ft.
- 5821 25th Road N., Arlington — $1,795,000 — 5,856 sq. ft.
- 2711 1st Street S., Arlington — $1,300,000 — 4,815 sq. ft.
- 4432 17th Street N., Arlington — $1,850,000 — 5,633 sq. ft.
Want to learn more about financing a New Home build? McLean Mortgage (NMLS ID: 99665) can handle all of your construction financing needs. You can build your new home with as little as 5% down. Contact construction loan expert Troy Toureau (NMLS ID: 5618) at 301-440-4261 or AnyHomeLoans.com to learn more.
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 8607 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
New Spring Street home near Westover Village, 2 home offices, screened porch
Have you ever showed up to a date and realized you had been stood up? The Arlington County Board nearly did yesterday (Thursday) during a hearing on the proposed property…
Stop wasting hours of time getting your car maintained, repaired, or detailed. Discover the time-saving joy that is CarCare To Go and see why so many people are leaving reviews…
Arlington and its neighbors have become more segregated in the last 10 years while fair housing legislation at the state level faces significant roadblocks. Arlington’s fair housing enforcement, education, and commitment to equity practices in housing policy and programs are beginning to show signs of improvement but much more needs to be done.
Join the NAACP Arlington Branch, HOME of Virginia, and Equal Rights Center for the 2nd Annual Arlington Fair Housing Conference on April 15th to discuss the threats and opportunities to advancing fair housing policy across the state and within Arlington.
The half-day, in-person event will feature speakers from fair housing advocacy organizations and government agencies including the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and focus on fair housing policy trends in Virginia and Arlington County. The conference aims to advance the understanding of issues and policies related to equity and affirmatively further fair housing among local officials, advocates, and members of the public.
2nd Annual Arlington Fair Housing Conference
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, April 5th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Private School Fair
Congressional School to Host MONA Private School Fair Thursday, April 27 at 6:30 PM
Congressional School in Falls Church, VA is delighted to host the MONA (Mothers of North Arlington) at an upcoming Private School Fair. Private schools from around
WHS Spring Festival
Join us at the WHS Spring Festival on April 22, 2023, from 10am- 3pm at Wakefield High School(main parking lot). Come out to shop, play, and eat!
Shop local vendors, arts & crafts, new and used items, food vendors/trucks, and