It’s looking like a rainy night in Arlington — though those with evening plans that end before midnight should be fine.
Period of HEAVY rain possible overnight Friday into Saturday morning in DMV.
* Rain most likely between 1a and 10a, heaviest 3a to 8a
* A few areas of flooding not out of question
* 1 to 1.5 inches most likely
* Temps mid-40s to low 50s. No snow!https://t.co/1zWCDbPRMk
— Capital Weather Gang (@capitalweather) January 24, 2020
Despite the shortened holiday week, it was an exceptionally busy one in Arlington, with lots of breaking news, business news and previews of items up for a vote at Saturday’s County Board meeting.
Here are the most-read articles on ARLnow over the past five days:
- Man’s Death in Ballston Ruled a Homicide
- Person Struck By Train at Courthouse Metro Station (update)
- PETA To Protest at Clarendon Starbucks Tomorrow
- A-1 Cleaners in Clarendon is Closing and Can’t Promise You’ll Get Your Clothes Back
- Police Investigating ‘Suspicious Death’ in Ballston Apartment Building
- Papyrus Closing All Stores, Including at Pentagon City Mall
- Excerpts From the W-L Alumni Lawsuit Over the High School’s Name Change
- ACPD Investigating Armed Robbery on Lee Highway
- Marine Corps Marathon Issues Third-Ever Lifetime Ban for Cheating (Press Release)
Feel free to discuss those stories, or anything else of local interest, in the comments.
But first, here it is: your moment of zen. Have a great weekend!
Recent #snowfall at #Arlington National Cemetery doesn’t prevent a Tomb Sentinel from standing watch over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier … https://t.co/b9ilKf1HRg @USArmyOldGuard #Army @ArlingtonNatl pic.twitter.com/wEukhM6G38
— DVIDSHub (@DVIDSHub) January 22, 2020
Want the VIP treatment for the region’s favorite social bike ride? Of course you do. DC Bike Ride invites riders of all ages and abilities to bike through 20 miles…
From a new Columbia Pike library to a dedicated pickleball court, County Manager Mark Schwartz’s proposed 10-year $3.9 billion capital improvement plan would fund projects across Arlington. The first 10-year…
Arlington is in the midst of a rash of vehicle-related crimes. In just the past three weeks or so, 28 cars have been stolen and 35 airbags have been stolen,…
After a relatively cool spring, the D.C. area is going to get a blast of mid-summer temperatures this weekend, and forecasters want residents to prepare. The National Weather Service has…