It’s looking like a rainy night in Arlington — though those with evening plans that end before midnight should be fine.
Period of HEAVY rain possible overnight Friday into Saturday morning in DMV.
* Rain most likely between 1a and 10a, heaviest 3a to 8a
* A few areas of flooding not out of question
* 1 to 1.5 inches most likely
* Temps mid-40s to low 50s. No snow!https://t.co/1zWCDbPRMk
— Capital Weather Gang (@capitalweather) January 24, 2020
Despite the shortened holiday week, it was an exceptionally busy one in Arlington, with lots of breaking news, business news and previews of items up for a vote at Saturday’s County Board meeting.
Here are the most-read articles on ARLnow over the past five days:
- Man’s Death in Ballston Ruled a Homicide
- Person Struck By Train at Courthouse Metro Station (update)
- PETA To Protest at Clarendon Starbucks Tomorrow
- A-1 Cleaners in Clarendon is Closing and Can’t Promise You’ll Get Your Clothes Back
- Police Investigating ‘Suspicious Death’ in Ballston Apartment Building
- Papyrus Closing All Stores, Including at Pentagon City Mall
- Excerpts From the W-L Alumni Lawsuit Over the High School’s Name Change
- ACPD Investigating Armed Robbery on Lee Highway
- Marine Corps Marathon Issues Third-Ever Lifetime Ban for Cheating (Press Release)
Feel free to discuss those stories, or anything else of local interest, in the comments.
But first, here it is: your moment of zen. Have a great weekend!
Recent #snowfall at #Arlington National Cemetery doesn’t prevent a Tomb Sentinel from standing watch over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier … https://t.co/b9ilKf1HRg @USArmyOldGuard #Army @ArlingtonNatl pic.twitter.com/wEukhM6G38
— DVIDSHub (@DVIDSHub) January 22, 2020