A holiday weekend is here, though for many it will not be quite the same with social distancing and without travel.
For those who celebrate it, we hope you had a happy Passover or will have a happy Easter. And no matter your faith, we hope you have a nice weekend — with any luck, one that includes a meal from a local restaurant.
It’s been a long week, so without further ado here are the most-read articles of the week:
- Person Found Dead in Metro Tunnel Near Pentagon City Station
- Another Big Jump in Arlington Coronavirus Cases as County Encourages Masks (April 7)
- Arlington Restaurants Open for Takeout and Delivery
- Coronavirus Cases in Arlington Now Above 200 (April 6)
- Serial Flasher Arrested After Incident in Virginia Square
- Arlington Restaurants Embrace Newfound Ability to Deliver Cocktails
- Arlington Ranks as No. 1 Place for Working from Home
- Coronavirus Cases in Arlington Now Above 250 (April 8)
- Helicopter Assists with Early Morning Search for Robbery Suspect in Clarendon
- Erik Gutshall Resigns from County Board
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments.
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying