This column is written and sponsored by Arlington Arts/Arlington Cultural Affairs, a division of Arlington Economic Development.
With a centuries-long tradition of bringing people together in groups large and small, the impact on the Arts has been seismic.
Arlington Arts continues to pro-actively look out for resources to assist arts organizations, arts administrators and individual artists impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Here is just a sample of resources available to performers and artists of all disciplines who have been impacted by the pandemic.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Arts Funding: Update and Action items from Grantmakers in the Arts.
- Field-wide responses & calls to action
- Racial equality & justice response
- Webinars, articles & resources
- Information hubs
- Rapid Response & Emergency Funds
Coronavirus Resources for Artists, Creative Workers & Organizations from Springboard for the Arts, an economic and community development organization for artists and by artists.
- Emergency Relief Fund Resources for Individuals
- Emergency Resources for Organizations
- Links to other resource pages
- Principles for Ethical Cancellation
Workforce Relief, Charitable Giving Incentives, and NEA Funding Included in Third COVID-19 Relief Package.
- The Association of Performing Arts Professionals and League of American Orchestras have sourced key points and are providing an in-depth analysis of the relief package
Resources for COVID-19 Crisis from Embracing Arlington Arts.
- Well-being of ourselves
- Financial Assistance
- Continuing Programming Through the Community
- Pro-Bono/In-Kind Expertise Available
For a full list of resources, visit and bookmark our web page. Updates will be provided as new resources become available.
Tour the small tight-knit community of Dover Crystal in the latest Neighborhood Spotlight.
Learn more about the certificate and graduate programs at the Schar School during the Virtual Open House June 8.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, Arlington. We hope you’re able to get some rest and reflection in after this long week. Once we push past some rain this evening, it’s looking…
The Armed Forces Cycling Classic, a series of races around Clarendon and Crystal City, is set to take place the first weekend of June. The Cycling Classic will be held…