Arlington County firefighters are battling a small fire in a garden apartment building in the Westover area.
The fire was reported in the basement of the Fisher House apartment building at 5705 Washington Blvd. Initial reports suggest the fire started in the laundry room and was extinguished by firefighters, but not before producing heavy smoke and prompting a second alarm response.
Firefighters are now working to remove smoke and to ensure that the fire is completely extinguished. Washington Blvd is currently blocked by the emergency response.
So far there is no report of injuries.
#finalupdate fire in laundry room of apartment building. Fire is extinguished, no injuries reported to occupants or firefighters. Smoke smell will remain for some time, residents with questions should contact building management company for guidance.
— Arlington Fire (@ArlingtonVaFD) August 19, 2020
Even as officials and advocates continue to hail the Crystal City-Potomac Yard Transitway as forward-thinking, there’ve been literal instances of backwards driving. ARLnow has received reports of cars entering the…
A Connecticut man has been jailed after police say he stole items from two cars and then tried to run from officers. The arrest happened early Monday morning in the…
Carbeque on I-395 — A car was engulfed in flames on I-395 near Shirlington Circle last night. Southbound and HOV lanes were blocked as firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze….
A 2 BD/1 BA home in Shirlington with track lighting, hardwood floors and fireplace is included in today’s Just Reduced.