After a stormy stretch, a spectacular Labor Day weekend is upon us. Enjoy the sun and the cooler weather!
To avoid belaboring this post, let’s jump right into the week’s most-read stories:
- Man Arrested After Early Morning Shooting on Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike Donut Shop Has Closed Permanently
- Making Room: Single-Family Zoning Won’t Save Starter Homes in Arlington
- State Suspends Liquor License of Lounge That Has Been the Scene of Multiple Shootings
- Car Overturns in CVS Parking Lot Near Penrose Square
- Arlington Ranked No. 7 for Worker Burnout
- Coronavirus Hospitalizations in Arlington Reach Nearly Three Month High
- More Crashes at Rock Spring Intersection, Despite New Signs
- Tornado Watch Issued for Arlington, Region
- Beyer and Garvey to Trump Campaign: Wear Masks in Arlington, Please
Feel free to discuss the latest Arlington news or whatever’s on your mind (within reason) in the comments. See you Tuesday!
Photo courtesy Tom Mockler
Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
A look at the smallest and largest homes sold in Arlington last month, January 2024.
A proposed county contract aims to incentivize Arlington residents to resume buying as many solar panels as they once did. The Arlington County Board on Saturday is set to consider…
Join us for Arlington’s 30th annual Feel the Heritage Festival taking place at Charles Drew Community Center this Saturday, February 24, from noon to 5 p.m. This cherished annual event unites…
🎉 Tonight, we invite you to the French Riviera, one of the most exciting places on earth – without ever boarding a plane! And celebrate Mardi Gras and the Carnival of Nice on French soil as we welcome you to a special evening at the Embassy of France!
From the elegance of classical French culture to the most celebrated Rivera nightlife of the 21st Century, experience a special evening of fantastic French food, wine, music, and ambiance.
Enjoy the flavors of Nice, Monaco, and St. Tropez in the beautiful and festive Maison Francaise at the French Embassy.
🍽️ On the Menu: Delicious French food
Virginia’s Importance in the Upcoming Election
General Membership Meeting
Rev. Cozy E. Bailey, Sr.
The third program in our Science Meets Judaism series brings together Kol Ami member Jeremy Epstein, Assistant Director for Technologies and Privacy at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Dr. Rebecca Epstein-Levi, Assistant Professor of Jewish
Friday, March 8
8pm (Doors open at 7)
Crystal City Sports Pub – 3rd Floor Lounge
Come early for full Dinner and Drink Service!