There’s far more to this neighborhood than meets the eye… both literally and figuratively. Keep reading to find out all you need to know about Amazon’s new home in Northern Virginia.
In this week’s Neighborhood Spotlight, please join us as we give you a full breakdown of Crystal City!
No matter where you live in Arlington, there’s something unique to fall in love with. What do you love about your community? Let us know down in the comments below, so we can highlight them in a future Neighborhood Spotlight.
And, as always, if you have any questions about Arlington real estate, please contact the Keri Shull Team, the No. 1 top-selling real estate team in the Washington, D.C. area.
Crystal City is an urban village on the eastern edge of Arlington, adjacent to the nearby city of Alexandria. Like all of Arlington’s urban neighborhoods, Crystal City is a popular and thriving area, with a large base of employers and tons to do for leisure.
The Best Crystals Form Underground
The most unique thing on offer in Crystal City is Crystal City Shops, a large mall located in an underground city. The underground tunnels at Crystal City feature nearly 200 shops, restaurants and entertainment spots. They also connect directly to many hotels, offices and even condominiums in the neighborhood.
This means that you can enjoy a bite to eat, plenty of shopping or even some avant garde theatre — all without having to ever step above ground!
Getting Above It All
In some of Arlington’s Urban Villages, there are a diverse selection of houses for sale, including both detached homes and apartment-style condominiums.
In Crystal City, however, the high-rise remains king.
Crystal City is home to some of the most popular Arlington condo communities, as well as a vast collection of apartments for rent in other high-rise buildings.
In general, owning a home in Crystal City is a good investment, as home values have been steadily going up all around Arlington for a while now.
Popular Condos in the Area
There are a lot of excellent condominium communities in Crystal City — here are just a few of our favorites:
- Eclipse: Consisting of 476 units spread between two buildings, the Eclipse offers amazing convenience to residents. Not only can owners easily access the D.C. Metro system via the complimentary shuttle, but the complex also features an on-site supermarket and cafe.
- Crystal Gateway: Along with Waterford House, Crystal City offers a boutique layout to their condominiums. Residents get access to luxurious features such as a heated pool and 24/7 concierge, while also enjoying one of the best views in Crystal City. Finally, convenient access to the underground tunnels of Crystal City means that owners at Crystal Gateway don’t even have to worry about the weather when making their commute or running errands.
To see the full list of our favorite condos, make sure to check out the full Neighborhood Spotlight on our website!
Make HQ2 Work For You
Crystal City has seen a massive surge in popularity over the past few years, and for good reason! The neighborhood features:
- Great walkability and transit convenience
- High-value employers like the DoD and Amazon’s HQ2 project
- A unique underground city with plenty of dining and retail opportunities
- Simple commutes to D.C., Alexandria and other parts of Arlington
Because of this, homes are moving very fast in Crystal City right now. If you don’t approach your home search the right way, the chances of finding — and winning — the right home are microscopic.
If you look for a home alone, you might have serious trouble finding the right home now — but there is help out there! At the Keri Shull Team, we have hundreds of off-market properties that you cannot find online or anywhere else… and we want to give you priority access to these homes before they even go on the market!
When selling a house in Arlington, it’s more important than ever to make sure you are taking the proper precautions to protect your investment. The best way to do that is to speak with a top-tier real estate agent and create a completely customized home selling strategy.
So what are you waiting for? Schedule a time for a free, no-pressure Consultation with one of our Real Estate Needs Analysts.