One moment you’re going on a last-minute-before-the-rain run, the next a Tornado Warning is sounding and you’re grabbing your laptop to report on a story that Arlington will remember for years to come.
Such is how this week concluded, with an honest-to-goodness twister touching down two blocks south of Arrowine and cutting a path of mild-to-moderate destruction until it finally lifted just south of the White House.
When you’re personally interested in something, you tend the pour yourself into reporting stories about it. Thank you for the kind words about our coverage, Arlington, and thank you to Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt for inspiring some detailed on-the-ground storm reporting 25 years later.
Below are our most-read articles of the past week.
- Widespread Damage After Tornado Warning Issued for Arlington
- NWS Confirms Tornado Ripped Through North Arlington Neighborhoods
- New State Law Leads to Removal of Two ACPD Officers
- Arlington Now Under Severe Thunderstorm and Flash Flood Warnings
- Who Got Reported To The County COVID-19 Tip Line?
- Local Couple Creates Dating Service Focused on Group Meetups
- APAH Unveils New Affordable Housing Complex in Rosslyn
- Weekly Drive-In Movies Return to Columbia Pike on Saturday
- Target Coming to Pentagon City, Permit Shows
- Free Cannabis Seeds Attract a Crowd in Rosslyn
- Street Pub with Live Music Will Take Over Wilson Blvd in July
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice Fourth of July weekend!
Reducing local helicopter noise while conducting missions safely may be difficult, the Pentagon says, but the military is willing to try, according to a new report. The commitment and the…
Last year, Americans were inundated with millions of political calls. Texting technologies added to the deluge: 2.72 billion political text messages were sent in September 2020 alone.
Arlingtonian Victoria Virasingh has thrown her hat into the ring to challenge Rep. Don Beyer for the 8th District Democratic primary next year. Beyer has held onto the 8th District,…
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Ballston startup GoTab, which…