It was a workweek that started with a sense of impending doom and ended with some very nice weather and light traffic.
Ida is long gone and the Labor Day weekend is here. For the several dozen of you still hanging around this afternoon, here are some of the most-read ARLnow stories of the week:
- Video: Lightning Strikes Above Ballston Quarter Mall
- Flash Flood Watch Issued Ahead of Arrival of Ida’s Remnants
- ACPD: Man Stabbed and Robbed Along Columbia Pike
- HQ2 Reaches 3,000 Employees As Construction Progresses
- More Ghost Kitchens Appear in Clarendon Parking Lot Eyed for Redevelopment
- Car Overturns in Crash Near Westover
- Man Survived Serious Bike Crash in Yorktown Last Month
- Most Expensive Arlington Homes Sold in August
Now go forth, enjoy the near-perfect weather and those last few days of outdoor pool time, and — if you are sufficiently reclined — discuss the above stories or anything else of local interest from your lounge chairs. Have a nice holiday weekend!
In this month’s Now Hiring, LEGO, Good Company Doughnuts & Cafe and the U.S. Postal Service all have open positions.
Good morning, Arlington. Jo here. It’s Thursday, September 16: National Guacamole Day and Nick Jonas’ 29th birthday. Morning Status Today’s Weather: ⛈ Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after…
Coming up on Saturday, Sept. 25 is the DC Bike Ride, a chance to cruise down 20 miles of D.C. streets with no traffic. Registration closes soon.
(Updated at 5 p.m.) A rescue operation is underway after reports of a worker dangling from scaffolding in Rosslyn. The incident is happening at an office building near the Safeway…