It was a workweek that started with a sense of impending doom and ended with some very nice weather and light traffic.
Ida is long gone and the Labor Day weekend is here. For the several dozen of you still hanging around this afternoon, here are some of the most-read ARLnow stories of the week:
- Video: Lightning Strikes Above Ballston Quarter Mall
- Flash Flood Watch Issued Ahead of Arrival of Ida’s Remnants
- ACPD: Man Stabbed and Robbed Along Columbia Pike
- HQ2 Reaches 3,000 Employees As Construction Progresses
- More Ghost Kitchens Appear in Clarendon Parking Lot Eyed for Redevelopment
- Car Overturns in Crash Near Westover
- Man Survived Serious Bike Crash in Yorktown Last Month
- Most Expensive Arlington Homes Sold in August
Now go forth, enjoy the near-perfect weather and those last few days of outdoor pool time, and — if you are sufficiently reclined — discuss the above stories or anything else of local interest from your lounge chairs. Have a nice holiday weekend!
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying