A nice late summer weekend is on tap as we start to dry out tonight after a soggy couple of days.
Autumn officially begins on Wednesday, and the forecast currently shows high temperatures in the 70s for the entirety of next week, so enjoy the final vestiges of summer while you can.
Here are the most-read Arlington stories of the final full week of summer 2021:
- Columbia Pike Blocked By High Water Amid Flash Flood Warning
- Widespread Power Outage Reported in Parts of N. Arlington
- County Board Set to Pick a New Logo From One of These Four Options
- Tatte Bakery in Clarendon Set To Open Tomorrow
- Arlington Covid Cases Continue Upward Trajectory
- Firefighters Rescue Man Dangling from Scaffolding in Rosslyn
- Arlington Public Schools’ German Language Program Struggles to Stay Afloat
- Book Excerpt: Remembering Arlington’s Luna Park
- VDOT Fixes a Capital Mistake Along Route 50
- Arlington Police to Assist at the Capitol This Weekend
Feel free to discuss the above stories — or anything else of local interest — in the comments. Have a nice weekend, Arlington!
Today’s Listing of the Day features a 3 BD/3 BA home with over 2,000 square feet of living space and a hands-free kitchen faucet.
The Pike, a large-scale work of public art, is finally being installed this week at the southwest corner of Columbia Pike and S. Jefferson Street, near the county line bordering…
A man armed with a hammer smashed and stole from a jewelry store in the Pentagon City mall Thursday morning. Arlington County police say they were dispatched to the 1100…
The Arlington Firefly Festival is returning to Fort C.F. Smith Park next month. On Sunday, June 19, the festival celebrating insects that light up summer nights is back for the…