A nice late summer weekend is on tap as we start to dry out tonight after a soggy couple of days.
Autumn officially begins on Wednesday, and the forecast currently shows high temperatures in the 70s for the entirety of next week, so enjoy the final vestiges of summer while you can.
Here are the most-read Arlington stories of the final full week of summer 2021:
- Columbia Pike Blocked By High Water Amid Flash Flood Warning
- Widespread Power Outage Reported in Parts of N. Arlington
- County Board Set to Pick a New Logo From One of These Four Options
- Tatte Bakery in Clarendon Set To Open Tomorrow
- Arlington Covid Cases Continue Upward Trajectory
- Firefighters Rescue Man Dangling from Scaffolding in Rosslyn
- Arlington Public Schools’ German Language Program Struggles to Stay Afloat
- Book Excerpt: Remembering Arlington’s Luna Park
- VDOT Fixes a Capital Mistake Along Route 50
- Arlington Police to Assist at the Capitol This Weekend
Feel free to discuss the above stories — or anything else of local interest — in the comments. Have a nice weekend, Arlington!
Discover how to save energy and receive a free energy conservation kit in the latest Rethink Energy.
It was a busy news week in Arlington, and next week — with County Board meetings on tap today and Tuesday — should stay busy. For those who have been…
Tucked away in an Arlington County storage facility is a shattered Tiffany Studios stained glass window of Jesus Christ in the act of blessing those who gaze on him. For…
Dropping nearly 40 feet from a platform above, a climber cut the ribbon on the “finest ropes course in the Mid-Atlantic.” Located at Upton Hill Regional Park on Wilson Blvd…