All told, it was a pretty great week weather-wise. Alas, another cool stretch is arriving just in time for the weekend, before mid-week warm-up.
The good news is that if you ignore the chilly temperatures, peak fall foliage is finally here in the D.C. area.
Enjoy it while it lasts. Meteorological winter is a mere 2.5 weeks away and by then most of those leaves will be brown or on the ground.
Here are the most-read stories of the past week on ARLnow:
- Motorcyclist killed in school bus crash in front of Drew Elementary
- Advanced Towing ordered to pay only $750 in Attorney General’s lawsuit
- Green Valley residents express concerns about updated arts plan
- Unruly parents, coaches cause ref shortage in local youth hockey league
- Dispute outside Columbia Pike 7-Eleven ends in gunfire
- Popular La Tingeria food truck leaving Arlington for now
- Morning Poll: Is Arlington on the right track or the wrong track?
- Soccer-centric restaurant Copa has closed in Ballston
- Arlington police continuing to investigate flag burnings
- County to throw lifeline to struggling Subway on ground floor of jail
- CHIKO, popular Chinese and Korean eatery, opening in Shirlington this week
- Site of fatal crash last week is part of a new street safety improvement project
Feel free to discuss those articles or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice Veterans Day weekend!
Shop this holiday season at Trade Roots to find locally made gifts or a sweet treat and coffee for your self.
A new outpost of JINYA Ramen Bar is coming to Ballston Quarter as soon as March, according to a local restaurant group. The restaurant appears to replace Spanish tapas restaurant…
The Right Note is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. Arlington has seen its share of school board members come and go the past few years….
Arlington County police are investigating gunshots that were fired in the Westover neighborhood Monday morning. In a crime report today, ACPD said that residents in the area heard gunshots around…