Happy Friday, Arlington. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Today might have been a light publishing day for us, but rest assured: we’re not hearing of much news happening locally, so you’re not missing much. Wish we could say the same about the stock market and the pandemic.
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) November 26, 2021
We’ll be back Monday with a full slate of stories. In the meantime, below are the most read ARLnow articles of the week.
- Making Room: Stop using leaf blowers*
- Police pursue fleeing suspects in Pentagon City
- Police: Group of five robbed two kids in Ballston, near W-L High School
- Wharf developer announces major residential project in Ballston
- Korean rice hot dogs are coming to Arlington, perhaps as soon as next month
- APS modifies snow day procedures ahead of colder weather
- Two severe crashes prompt countywide look at alley safety in Arlington
- EXCLUSIVE: Airbnb is not paying a required lodging tax in Arlington County
- Don’t be surprised to see a helicopter lifting stuff from a roof in Pentagon City on Tuesday
- Former Clarendon Ballroom once again turning into a winter wonderland
- Yorktown student petition about sexual misconduct grabs attention of administration
- Happy Thanksgiving, Arlington!
Feel free to discuss those stories — or anything else of local interest — in the comments. Have a nice rest of your holiday weekend!
* Currently, this is the No. 2 most-read article of the year
More Arlington properties could be impacted by 100- and 500-year floods, according to new federal flood insurance rate maps. The county estimates some 300 buildings, up from 172, now risk…
Costs are creeping up for a courtroom makeover in Arlington. County Board members approved an extra $200,000 this past Saturday to complete renovations in Courtroom 10B, a project ambitiously dubbed…
Gardens with abundant native species could soon have an official definition in county code: “managed natural landscape.” This definition would protect Arlingtonians who grow the kinds of native grasses, wildflowers…
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring Three…
Arlington Travel Basketball (ATB) will be conducting tryouts for our 2023-24 teams beginning Tuesday 10/2.
There is no charge for these tryouts.
Interested players must pre-register and attend at least 2 tryouts to be considered for a team.
ATB will field teams in grades 5 – 8; 4th graders are eligible to attend.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
Come celebrate National Coming Out Day at Equality Arlington’s Coming Out Party on Wednesday, October 11th from 7-8:30 PM at Busboys and Poets (Shirlington)! Senator Adam Ebbin is our featured speaker and we will have Arlingtonians sharing what coming out