Happy Friday, Arlington. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Today might have been a light publishing day for us, but rest assured: we’re not hearing of much news happening locally, so you’re not missing much. Wish we could say the same about the stock market and the pandemic.
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) November 26, 2021
We’ll be back Monday with a full slate of stories. In the meantime, below are the most read ARLnow articles of the week.
- Making Room: Stop using leaf blowers*
- Police pursue fleeing suspects in Pentagon City
- Police: Group of five robbed two kids in Ballston, near W-L High School
- Wharf developer announces major residential project in Ballston
- Korean rice hot dogs are coming to Arlington, perhaps as soon as next month
- APS modifies snow day procedures ahead of colder weather
- Two severe crashes prompt countywide look at alley safety in Arlington
- EXCLUSIVE: Airbnb is not paying a required lodging tax in Arlington County
- Don’t be surprised to see a helicopter lifting stuff from a roof in Pentagon City on Tuesday
- Former Clarendon Ballroom once again turning into a winter wonderland
- Yorktown student petition about sexual misconduct grabs attention of administration
- Happy Thanksgiving, Arlington!
Feel free to discuss those stories — or anything else of local interest — in the comments. Have a nice rest of your holiday weekend!
* Currently, this is the No. 2 most-read article of the year
The snow falling in Arlington is providing a wintry ambiance — but little accumulation to speak of so far. That may change tonight as temperatures fall and roads are expected…
A community fundraising campaign is helping Green Valley’s New District Brewing Company purchase its own canning equipment.
Revisit the beer world of 2021 as Beermonger discusses a few of the top beers of 2021 and what to expect from 2022.
Plans and a possible construction timeline for the proposed Silver Diner redevelopment in Clarendon are crystallizing. Late last month, property owner TCS Realty Associates and developer Donohoe Cos. filed their…