It’s been a snowy week, and a veritable marathon for working parents with school-aged kids.
There are some snow lovers out there who have huge carefree smiles on their faces after two sizable snowfalls in one week. And there are others who — whether you generally like snow or not — will be falling asleep within 30 seconds of getting in bed early tonight
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Arlington teachers union press release gets national attention after local mom’s edits go viral
- Winter Storm Warning issued for Arlington
- Winter Weather Advisory issued ahead of Thursday night snow
- APS closed Thursday, citing other school system closures
- Arlington Public Schools closed Monday due to winter storm
- Heavy snow making driving in Arlington very hazardous
- Power outages building as snow accumulates and branches snap
- Anti-vaccine mandate rally participants staying in Arlington
- Serial hit and run suspect tased after Columbia Pike crash
- Man rescued after car careens off GW Parkway, down embankment
- One in four people getting tested in Arlington are positive for Covid
- Arlington schools will be closed Tuesday, too
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend and stay warm, Arlington!
Flickr pool photo by Wolfkann
Weekend Snowfall Total — From the Capital Weather Gang: “Observer at Reagan National Airport reports 2.6 inches, pushing Jan. total to 12.2″ – most since 2016 and more than double…
A brief bout of flurries earlier this morning was the last precipitation to fall as a result of our latest winter storm. Now comes the wind. A Wind Advisory is…
Update at 5:45 p.m. — After a period of heavy snow, the transition to sleet and freezing rain is underway, potentially making travel even more hazardous. There have been several…
As locals eat their lunch, all eyes are on the skies. Snow — likely heavy snow — is about to start falling in Arlington. County and state crews say they’re…