More snow is on the way.
The National Weather Service just issued a Winter Weather Advisory, saying 2-4 inches of accumulation is likely between Thursday night and Friday morning.
233 PM EST Wed Jan 5 2022
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THURSDAY TO 5 AM EST FRIDAY…
* WHAT…Snow. Total snow accumulations 2 to 4 inches. Isolated high amounts of around 5 inches are possible.
* WHERE…The District of Columbia, portions of northern and central Maryland, and northern Virginia.
* WHEN…From 9 PM Thursday to 5 AM EST Friday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the Friday morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The heaviest snow is expected between 10 PM and 2 AM when snowfall rates of 1 inch per hour are possible.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
When venturing outside, watch your first few steps taken on steps, sidewalks, and driveways, which could be icy and slippery, increasing your risk of a fall and injury.
More from social media:
Here we go again! Another SNOW event moving into our region Tomorrow night into Friday Morning. A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the entire area. I am expecting 2-3" for most of us, maybe a little more, but this is NOT a huge storm, still impactful. See you at 4,5&6! pic.twitter.com/d34A7NSq78
— Doug Kammerer (@dougkammerer) January 5, 2022
Learn how to maximize the home buying search from the Keri Shull Team’s seminar on January 24 at 6 p.m.
Attorney General Jason Miyares won’t be axing a state investigation into potential housing discrimination against residents of the Serrano Apartments launched under his predecessor. Early last week, the civil rights…
Covid-related staffing shortages are forcing Arlington libraries to shutter some services, including shutting down two branches this week. Cherrydale and Glencarlyn libraries will both be closed through Sunday (Jan. 23),…
The Ballston Business Improvement District is hosting a series of Washington Capitals watch parties as the local hockey team closes in on another playoff spot. Beginning this Thursday (Jan. 20),…