This week was yet another filled with plenty of news about snow, but unlike previous January weeks not a lot of actual snow.
Using its last traditional snow day allotment, Arlington Public Schools closed Thursday for what turned out to be a bust — a rainy, cold day. Lucky for students looking to enjoy the weather when school’s closed, this weekend should at least be sunny, albeit a little cold, in Arlington.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Feds release new details about Jan. 6 weapons cache at Arlington hotel
- JUST IN: Winter Weather Advisory issued ahead of Thursday morning snow
- BREAKING: APS closes schools Thursday due to expected snow
- Morning Poll: Should APS continue to require masks in schools?
- The shift from rain to snow delayed in Arlington, NWS decreases possible accumulation
- Guaranteed income pilot program moves forward without any county funding
- NEW: Covid cases falling in Arlington, following regional trends
- Winter Restaurant Week to feature 18 Arlington restaurants
- ‘Old Lee Highway’ gets new name: Cherry Hill Road
- JUST IN: APS says masks still required for students, despite Youngkin’s order
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend!
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…