(Updated at 10:10 a.m.) There was no shortage of news this week, from lawsuits to fires to a violent incident at a local drive-thru.
Hopefully, this weekend is much quieter as Arlington stays safe inside following the snowfall Friday.
By the way, today is ARLnow’s 12th anniversary: on this date in 2010 ARLnow started publishing. Time flies!
Now, here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- Two arrested after incorrect order leads to violence at local McDonald’s
- Predatory towing targeted under new bill inspired by Advanced Towing case
- These are the best-designed edifices in Arlington, according to the county
- Fire breaks out above restaurant at Pentagon Centre shopping center
- Arlington School Board sues to challenge Youngkin’s mask order
- Grace Community Church to fill huge space in Ballston Quarter mall
- Man found guilty in son’s 2020 murder in Green Valley
- Covid cases still falling in Arlington, down 60% from peak
- As apartments near County HQ go up, what’s next for Courthouse?
- County Board signals support for Arlington schools in mask clash with state
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend!
They say baseball is a game of inches. Okay, maybe that’s football. But for one Arlington Little League team, this can be taken somewhat literally. The Athletics (A’s, for short)…
The annual Army Ten-Miler race will prompt numerous road closures in Arlington this weekend. Runners will zip through parts of Rosslyn, D.C. and Pentagon City, starting and finishing the race…
Open Houses includes a 4 BD/2.5 BA brick home with newly refinished floors, brick fireplace and detached garage.
Nightlife venue Wilson Hardware in Clarendon is now back fully reopened after a million-dollar renovation. The five-year-old restaurant underwent a significant facelift over the last several months that added a…
Arlington kids can keep active this winter with Arlington County’s Department of Parks & Recreation’s Youth House Basketball League. Available for grades 1-12, this program begins in mid-November for grades 1-8 and early Jan. for grades 9-12 and costs between $75-90. Come join the fun! Sign up by Oct. 12*! Registration for grades 9-12 opens on Nov. 7. If the league fee is a factor to signing up, check out the Department’s fee reduction program, which helps Everyone, Everywhere, Every Day! Access for All. Easy to apply! Whether you have a short-term set back or something longer-term. Learn more at parks.arlingtonva.us/fee-reductions or call 703-228-4747.
Join Us on Monday, October 17, 2022, for our General Membership Meeting & Arlington County Candidate Forum led by the NAACP Arlington Branch Political Action Committee
Time: 7:00-9:00 pm
Location: Virtual on Zoom
Mini Family & Pet Photo Sessions
Beat the rush and sign up to get your holiday photos now!
Bring your kids! Bring your dogs!
Check out the DeSilva Studios website. Look at the images and see if you like them