Covid. Inflation. Labor shortages. Rising rent. A sinking stock market.
It’s not easy being a small business owner in 2022 — or any year, for that matter. Thus it should come as no surprise that some are seeking to sell their businesses.
The following come from listing aggregator BizBuySell, which generally doesn’t name the business that’s for sale, but the descriptions in each listing provide some clues. The asking price is also included below.
- Ramen Restaurant for Sale on the Main Road — $520,000 — “Well-established Ramen Restaurant with bar for sale in heart of Arlington. Turnkey operation. This authentic ramen restaurant is a local favorite. It has a 4.4-star online review. High-end finishes & well maintained in the very busy location. Owner built & operating since July-2015.”
- Established Dessert and Drink Store in Prime Location — $180,000 — “Easy to operate dessert store located in a very popular shopping center in Arlington, VA. Owner currently only visits the store twice a week. Delivery sales generates about $3K-4K per month from uber eats, postmates, and door dash. Clover POS data is available.”
- Pet Grooming and Organic Supplies in NoVA — $99,000 — “For health conscious pet owners in Arlington VA, this specialty organic pet food store offers other meticulously selected pet products and expert pet grooming services conveniently located near apartment buildings, offices and metro. Ample street parking in front of store. All-in rent including NNN indicated at roughly $3,000/month makes this an affordable space in an excellent location.”
- Highly Profitable and Growing Restaurant — (No listing price) — “Located along an active mixed-use commercial corridor in affluent Downtown Arlington, VA, the well-known franchise is located in a 3,700 square-feet space, completely modernized with a $1.7M+ buildout in the last 3 years. Lease goes thru October 2025 with 2 x 5 year options, an increasing year-over-year EBIDTA, this is a unique play to acquire a well-operated growing business generating over $3.068M per year.”
- Profitable BBQ Restaurant in Arlington — $169,000 — “Dine in and carry out BBQ restaurant for sale in Arlington VA. High end kitchen equipment and great build out ready to fit most concepts. This restaurant is ABSENTEE OWNED and profiting $50,000 annually. With a new hands on owner and an updated menu to include more items this turn key business can be extremely profitable. Very low rent for Arlington with a great lease.”
- Infrared Stretch & Sauna Biz — $295,000 — “Lowest rent in building, take over lease @ negotiated rate. This business is a franchised location of Stretch Smart in a highly affluent, well-educated area in Clarendon, 10 min from Amazon HQ2. As Amazon grows, so does the opportunity to grow our memberships!”
- 2Mill net Yr Absentee owner Super MKT safe Area — $12,500,000 — “Safe area, can grow better… Approx, Rent: 37,000. month (inc, Cam, taxes). Lease: 2.5 yrs + three 5 yrs option Open hour: 8 am-9 pm.”
- Established Nail Salon & Skin Care business in N. Arlington — $100,000 — “Great location & low rent. Recently remodeled. 4,7 star google reviews. Over 500 plus clients in database. High end products ( organic) and services. Free parking. Highly visible on major highway, over 12,000 cars daily. Once pandemic is over, this business has a great potential. Nail techs stay, if new owner desires.”
- $2.947M Allstate Agency — $899,000 — “Established 20 plus year agency is located in a very desirable location. This $3M plus earned premium agency consistent of a preferred auto/homeowner customer base with excellent opportunity for growth in cross sales as well as life/financial services. Good potential to increase revenues through new & renewal commissions as well as performance bonus based on growth, retention, etc.”
- Independent and Profitable Optician in NoVA — $695,000 — “Well-established optician in dynamic Arlington VA with decades of satisfied multi-generational customers and an excellent reputation for providing professional service and high-quality eyewear. Valuable referral network that includes several top ophthalmologists in the DC / Northern Virginia area.”
Note that some listings may be for businesses that already closed.
New Spring Street home near Westover Village, 2 home offices, screened porch
Have you ever showed up to a date and realized you had been stood up? The Arlington County Board nearly did yesterday (Thursday) during a hearing on the proposed property…
Stop wasting hours of time getting your car maintained, repaired, or detailed. Discover the time-saving joy that is CarCare To Go and see why so many people are leaving reviews…
Batten down the hatches, it’s going to get pretty windy tomorrow. The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Watch for Arlington, in effect Saturday from noon to midnight….
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, April 5th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
Most first-time campers are new to the performing arts, and teaching artists are well-versed in engaging students at all levels. Parents and campers report that one of the best parts of Synetic is the community, with many families returning year after year because they feel a strong sense of belonging.
Private School Fair
Congressional School to Host MONA Private School Fair Thursday, April 27 at 6:30 PM
Congressional School in Falls Church, VA is delighted to host the MONA (Mothers of North Arlington) at an upcoming Private School Fair. Private schools from around
WHS Spring Festival
Join us at the WHS Spring Festival on April 22, 2023, from 10am- 3pm at Wakefield High School(main parking lot). Come out to shop, play, and eat!
Shop local vendors, arts & crafts, new and used items, food vendors/trucks, and