We’re calling it a week a touch early today, while most of you have already started your weekend, so we can better prep for next week.
While this month has been pretty slow overall, the week that will usher in the start of September promises to be a bit busier, with the start of school, some local business-related scoops, and other stories that are already in planning.
Not that this week was a snoozefest. Quite the opposite, in fact, considering that all of our top 10 most-read stories had more than 2,500 views.
Here are the top stories of the past week:
- New concept plan for Langston Blvd shows sweeping vision of greener corridor with taller buildings
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Parker, Cowboy Cafe owners and manager partnering on Forest Inn replacement
- Police: Nude man attacked officer, ran into Ballston apartment
- NEW: Arlington ranks No. 3 on “top family-friendly cities” list
- Another commercial vehicle tow leads to another questionable call to police
- Man arrested after attack in front of library
- Arlington’s planetarium is looking to finally reopen this fall with a new director and modern projector
- NEW: “Old School” Italian restaurant and wine bar coming to Ballston area
- Metro says “plan now” for the eight-month-long Yellow Line shutdown that starts next month
- Starting as a Rosslyn food cart, District Taco is taking over the world “one taco at a time”
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great last weekend of August, Arlington!
Arlington resident Hung Do has big hopes for a curiously shaped lot he owns in Green Valley. This month, he was on the brink of closing on a deal to…
Crime Up Last Month — “Arlington County police handled 1,450 criminal incidents in August, according to new figures, up from 1,392 a year ago and from 1,196 in 2021.” [Gazette…
An alleged shooting threat briefly sent students practicing on a school field indoors tonight.
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
At Generation Hope, we’re dedicated to supporting teen parents in college as they work toward earning their degrees. We are in need of caring child care volunteers for upcoming events on Saturday, October 21st (in Washington, DC), and Saturday, November 4th (in Arlington, VA). Join our growing volunteer community and support us at an event this fall!
At all of our events, we provide free onsite child care for the children of the teen parents we serve, creating a nurturing environment for the kiddos while their parents learn valuable life skills and build community.
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, please visit https://www.generationhope.org/volunteer to learn more.
Join us for Arlington’s biggest civil rights & social justice event of the year. The banquet is back in person at the Arlington Campus of George Mason University.
Our keynote speaker this year is Symone Sanders from MSNBC and former Chief of Staff for Vice-President Kamala Harris.
The Master of Ceremonies is Joshua Cole, former state delegate, NAACP President, and local pastor.
Tickets/seating are limited. Purchase your ticket today! Sponsorship opportunities available.
Join us at Church of the Covenant on Military Road every other Wednesday afternoon from 4:00-5:30pm beginning on October 18th for The Backyard: After-School Kids Club. Cost is free! The program will provide recreation, snacks, Bible stories, and other fun