It was a mostly pleasant fall weather week, save for yesterday’s soaking rain, and this weekend — particularly Saturday — is also looking pretty nice.
There’s plenty to do this weekend, so be sure to check out our event calendar when making your plans.
Now, here are the most-read local articles of the week:
- Arlington could scrub ‘dance halls’ from its county code books
- Ballpark favorite Haute Dogs coming to former BBQ restaurant space in North Arlington
- Huge Hilton hotel coming to new Rosslyn development
- Woman fatally struck by SUV driver along Little Falls Road
- Arlington CivFed’s Missing Middle discussion last night required rules of engagement
- Here are some of the Arlington businesses being offered for sale this fall
- Arlington Restaurant Week starts Monday with 40 restaurants participating
- How a Penske truck rental lot along Columbia Pike could figure into the Barcroft redevelopment
- Your next doctor’s appointment could be in Ballston Quarter
- After crash, neighbors again concerned about intersection near Lubber Run Community Center
- Salt Pot Kitchen in Ballston has closed, new tenant unknown
- Arlington asks: should Covid-era outdoor dining be a permanent fixture?
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend!
A 4 BD/3.5 B home with floor-to-ceiling windows and stone accent fireplace is included in Just Reduced.
Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
New Addison Heights Home by National Landing Attractions!
A 19-year-old man and a teen boy are facing charges after two girls overdosed at Wakefield High School last week. Police and medics responded to the school just before 11:45…
The Arlington Sports Hall of Fame is extremely pleased to announce that our 2023 Annual Induction Dinner, again in partnership with the Better Sports Club of Arlington, will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 11, at the Knights of Columbus, located at 5115 Little Falls Road, Arlington, Va.
Our dinner will pay tribute to all the honored members of the Hall of Fame and will induct the following six new Class of 2023 inductees, joining the 62 athletes, coaches and contributors who have been inducted into ASHOF since its founding in 1958:
Noel Deskins (Yorktown Class of ’79): Track & Field record-holder & Athlete of the Year at YHS and JMU
Eric Metcalf (O’Connell Class of ’85): Star NFL running back, football and track & field record-holder and Hall of Famer at both O’Connell and the University of Texas
Opening night in Ballston, thanks to a partnership with Marymount University will feature renowned soprano Sharon Christman singing songs of Franz Schubert, Leonard Bernstein, Fanny Mendelssohn, Richard Strauss and some thrilling instrumental music.
But that’s not all! Get ready to