Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 4027 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Oct 21, 2022.
- Overturned vehicle shuts down S. Walter Reed Drive
- Morning Poll: In retrospect, did APS make the right call in closing classrooms for a year?
- Shucktoberfest beer and oyster fest returns to Shirlington this weekend
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read Arlington articles of the week, below.
- FBI raid on the Pike targeted an ABC News producer, Rolling Stone reports (17989 views )
- JBG Smith files plans to turn RiverHouse parking lots into 1,668 homes (7712 views )
- Arlington’s speed camera program slowly moves forward (5155 views )
- Ghin Na Ree Thai currently closed, sold to a “new family” (4301 views )
- Falls Church restaurants to hold crawl fundraiser for Four Courts staff (4180 views )
- Local favorite 24-hour spot Bob and Edith’s cuts hours on Langston Blvd (3816 views )
- Police arrest man allegedly seen exposing himself in Shirlington (2558 views )
- NEW: Driver who plowed into Four Courts will not face charges (2232 views )
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 8:00 am: Aaliyah in Action Fundraiser hosted by Xtend Barre Arlington
- 👉 10:00 am: Workshop: Portrait Painting in Oils with master artist Teresa Oaxaca, Oct. 22-23
- 10:00 am: Westover Baptist Fall Festival
- 11:00 am: 5th Annual Shucktoberfest
- 12:00 pm: National Landing Oktoberfest
- 12:00 pm: Fall Family Celebration
- 12:00 pm: Fashion Centre at Pentagon City’s Mosaic Showcase
- 2:30 pm: Washington, D.C. Out of the Darkness Walk
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 2:00 pm: Harvest Moon Tea Ceremony with Study Japanese in Arlington (SJA)
- 2:00 pm: Halloween, Día de los Muertos, Samhain and All That
🌤 Tomorrow’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 67 and low of 49. Sunrise at 7:26 am and sunset at 6:22 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
👂 Audio summary
Get caught up on all of our reporting today with this brief audio summary.
👀 A look around town
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington. Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week — or anything else of local interest — in the comments.
More Arlington properties could be impacted by 100- and 500-year floods, according to new federal flood insurance rate maps. The county estimates some 300 buildings, up from 172, now risk…
Costs are creeping up for a courtroom makeover in Arlington. County Board members approved an extra $200,000 this past Saturday to complete renovations in Courtroom 10B, a project ambitiously dubbed…
Gardens with abundant native species could soon have an official definition in county code: “managed natural landscape.” This definition would protect Arlingtonians who grow the kinds of native grasses, wildflowers…
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring Three…
Arlington Travel Basketball (ATB) will be conducting tryouts for our 2023-24 teams beginning Tuesday 10/2.
There is no charge for these tryouts.
Interested players must pre-register and attend at least 2 tryouts to be considered for a team.
ATB will field teams in grades 5 – 8; 4th graders are eligible to attend.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
Come celebrate National Coming Out Day at Equality Arlington’s Coming Out Party on Wednesday, October 11th from 7-8:30 PM at Busboys and Poets (Shirlington)! Senator Adam Ebbin is our featured speaker and we will have Arlingtonians sharing what coming out