Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 5218 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Nov 4, 2022.
- Morning Notes
- Karina Lipsman: Why you should vote for me on Nov. 8, 2022
- Adam Theo: Why you should vote for me on Nov. 8, 2022
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read Arlington articles of the week, below.
- Portland and Minneapolis allow ‘Missing Middle’ housing. So far, new construction has been modest. (24175 views)
- EXCLUSIVE: Opioid epidemic infiltrates Arlington Public Schools (19503 views)
- ACPD: Pentagon police officer was dealing cocaine in Arlington (15335 views)
- JUST IN: Police investigating armed robbery at Clarendon Apple Store (13117 views)
- NEW: County Board says draft Missing Middle changes respond to community concerns (5484 views)
- Groups of teens cause minor mayhem in three weekend incidents (4458 views)
- VDOT looks to repair ‘deteriorating’ I-66 overpass and parking lot (4123 views)
- Most expensive Arlington homes sold in October (3974 views)
- County has ticketed Advanced Towing multiple times for blocking fire hydrant, says it’s an “ongoing issue” (3745 views)
- A kid nearly fell through a rotting utility cover along Route 50 (3656 views)
- ACPD: Man threw concrete at woman after she wouldn’t talk with him (2819 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 👉 12:00 pm: Boots & Brews Benefit
- 7:00 pm: The U.S Army presents- “Heroes and Voices: Always at our Nation’s Side” Nov. 5
- 👉 7:30 pm: National Chamber Ensemble – Jewish Musical Treasures
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 👉 6:00 pm: Abruzzo Wine Dinner
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 73 and low of 61. Sunrise at 7:42 am and sunset at 6:05 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
After a foggy morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning might be even foggier. Dense fog has formed in Arlington and around the D.C. area, making driving increasingly hazardous as the…
Gunshots were fired near where a group of children were playing this afternoon in the Green Valley neighborhood. Multiple 911 callers reported the sound of gunshots shortly before 3:30 p.m….
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
There’s no official word on its website, but it looks like Bar Ivy in Clarendon may have closed permanently.
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.