Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 5218 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Nov 4, 2022.
- Morning Notes
- Karina Lipsman: Why you should vote for me on Nov. 8, 2022
- Adam Theo: Why you should vote for me on Nov. 8, 2022
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read Arlington articles of the week, below.
- Portland and Minneapolis allow ‘Missing Middle’ housing. So far, new construction has been modest. (24175 views)
- EXCLUSIVE: Opioid epidemic infiltrates Arlington Public Schools (19503 views)
- ACPD: Pentagon police officer was dealing cocaine in Arlington (15335 views)
- JUST IN: Police investigating armed robbery at Clarendon Apple Store (13117 views)
- NEW: County Board says draft Missing Middle changes respond to community concerns (5484 views)
- Groups of teens cause minor mayhem in three weekend incidents (4458 views)
- VDOT looks to repair ‘deteriorating’ I-66 overpass and parking lot (4123 views)
- Most expensive Arlington homes sold in October (3974 views)
- County has ticketed Advanced Towing multiple times for blocking fire hydrant, says it’s an “ongoing issue” (3745 views)
- A kid nearly fell through a rotting utility cover along Route 50 (3656 views)
- ACPD: Man threw concrete at woman after she wouldn’t talk with him (2819 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 👉 12:00 pm: Boots & Brews Benefit
- 7:00 pm: The U.S Army presents- “Heroes and Voices: Always at our Nation’s Side” Nov. 5
- 👉 7:30 pm: National Chamber Ensemble – Jewish Musical Treasures
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 👉 6:00 pm: Abruzzo Wine Dinner
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 73 and low of 61. Sunrise at 7:42 am and sunset at 6:05 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Monday evening, Arlington. Today we published 5 articles that were read a total of 14658 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today…
After a slight weather delay, the second leaf collection pass will start tomorrow (Tuesday). Arlington County initially posted the second vacuuming could start on Saturday, Dec. 3. Despite the delay,…
Enjoy the two day curated Local Holiday Bazaar to shop local and have gifts professionally wrapped December 17-18.
A 39-year-old man is in jail after police say he broke into a woman’s home and sexually assaulted her. The alleged incident happened Friday around 7 a.m. on the 400…
Hello Everyone — You are invited to the final meeting of NAACP Arlington Branch NAACP for 2022
When: Dec 12, 2022, 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: 2022 General Membership Meeting — NAACP Arlington Branch
Register in advance for this webinar
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
7:00 pm Meeting Opens.
7:30 pm Installation
8:00 pm Presentation/Q&A; by Dave Schutz on Ranked Choice Voting
8:30 pm Final Remarks and Comments by Newly Elected Members
9:00 pm Meeting Adjourns
Installation Official Robert N. Barnette, Jr. President, Virginia State Conference NAACP The President of the Virginia State Conference NAACP will serve as the Installation Official and provide remarks for our newly elected officers at the general membership.
Join us December 10 & 11 for our Annual Handmade Holiday Workshop Series. We have a myriad of fun and festive programs from linoleum block wrapping paper printing and buttonhole book making workshops led by Eliza Clifford to a meditative grid workshop and Calligraphy Card Making with Anjelika Deogirikar. Join these wonderful artists and get creative this holiday season!
Join us as we celebrate the holiday of Chanukah! Enjoy delicious Latkes, hot cocoa, donuts and more!
Clarendon Menorah Lighting and Community Celebration
Experience the festival of lights!!
*Lighting of a giant 9 foot Menorah