Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 6863 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Feb 24, 2023.
- SCOOP: Starbucks appears to be opening a new Ballston location
- Haute Dogs launches Williamsburg location with unofficial Arlington foodie summit
- Pro-pickleball posters pop up in Penrose Park
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Arlington woman, 20, dead after early morning crash in Shirlington (11109 views)
- Convicted felon who was out on bond for weapons charges arrested for Alexandria shooting (9398 views)
- NEW: Police investigating shots fired in Virginia Square (9334 views)
- Arlington County Board approves redevelopment of Clarendon auto shop, small office building on the Pike (6311 views)
- BREAKING: Rescue underway after accident at fire station construction site (5737 views)
- New group plans to hold scooters mis-parked on private property hostage (4854 views)
- Argument in Ballston ends with man arrested on gun and drug charges (4636 views)
- Astro Beer Hall and its donut robot are set to launch this spring in Shirlington (3742 views)
- Hotelier floats idea of turning Green Valley hotels into apartments and townhouses (3258 views)
- JUST IN: Arlington police charge 94-year-old man with child sexual abuse (2976 views)
- SCOOP: Starbucks appears to be opening a new Ballston location (1933 views)
- A D.C.-based bookstore and a local burger joint are among the new options coming to DCA this summer (1894 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
❄ Saturday’s forecast
Snow (< 1 in.) until evening. High of 42 and low of 33. Sunrise at 6:48 am and sunset at 5:58 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
“If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
After a 2-year search for new digs, Arlington Independent Media is on the cusp of moving from its long-time headquarters in Clarendon.
Former Arlington Commonwealth’s Attorney Theo Stamos is taking a top job in the Virginia Attorney General’s Office. Stamos lost her reelection bid in 2019, defeated in the Democratic primary by…
Sometime next year, three residential streets in Arlington without sidewalks could get upgrades to allow for safer pedestrian and cyclist use. To help address demonstrated safety and access issues on…
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Oversee program operations, including educational and community initiatives.
Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining trust and accountability.
Develop and execute a strategic vision aligned with our mission and values.
Lead fundraising efforts in partnership with the Board Members.
Cultivate relationships with community partners, schools, educators, and donors.
Demonstrate strong leadership skills, fostering a positive organizational culture.
Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders and make compelling public presentations.
Promote inclusivity and collaboration throughout the organization.
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to