Today may be Bike to Work Day, but Sunday might be an even better day to go car-free.
A number of road closures are planned for the annual Bike DC ride through the District and Arlington. The route, which starts at the Capitol, will take cyclists across the Roosevelt Bridge, up the GW Parkway and down to the Air Force Memorial, before returning to the District.
As a result, the following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from about 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Roosevelt Bridge westbound
- GW Parkway northbound from Memorial Bridge to Chain Bridge
- Route 110 southbound from Rosslyn to Crystal City
- Route 50 eastbound from GW Parkway to Lynn Street/Meade Street
- Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Rosslyn
- Marshall Drive between Meade Street and Route 110
- Washington Boulevard eastbound from Memorial Bridge to Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike westbound from the Pentagon to the Air Force Memorial
In addition to those road closures, Sunday will also see the closure of a number of streets in the Ballston area due to the annual Taste of Arlington food festival.