Looking for a job? Know someone who is? Starting today, ARLnow.com will periodically be highlighting job openings in the area. If you’re an employer with a position to fill, contact [email protected] to find out how we can help get your listing out in front of our talented, well-educated readership.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- 50% – public relations planning and execution; 30% – government relations analysis, advocacy and response, 20% new business development
- Public relations focus — energy, education, and healthcare industries
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans, including media and community outreach, incorporating ability for two-way dialogue with key audiences – research, prepare and distribute news releases, Op-Eds, and messages via new media, conduct follow up with wide variety of stakeholders, including the media
- Track news and conversations related to clients and industries; assist with communications development and outreach with and on behalf of clients
- Government relations focus — energy, environmental technologies, and high tech industries
- Monitor legislation and regulatory issues facing clients; review, analyze and prepare written comments/testimony for legislative/regulatory proceedings; cultivate business relationships with policymakers at state government level
- Business development focus — existing and new industries
- Use existing professional network to identify potential leads, develop proposals for new business, and successfully conclude agreements with new clients
- Identify opportunities for business in related industries to existing client base, or new industries that have a need for SCLLC services and products
- Meet annual goals for new business development, scaled to business network size, experience, and expertise
- Provide integral client support and strategy assistance
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong research and analytical skills – detailed issue tracking, multiple sources
- Ability to cultivate new client relationships through proactive business development
- Deadline driven and disciplined; strong initiative
- Strong listener – customer focus
- Strategic thinker
- Knowledge and interest in journalism and public relations
- Knowledge and interest in government relations and politics
- Enthusiastic, and motivated towards personal and organizational growth
- Commitment, confidentiality, and loyalty
- Ability to represent company with any audience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, political science or related field required; master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience
- Competitive salary and annual incentive potential
- Health insurance
- Company matched IRA
- Paid vacation & holidays
Interested applicants should email Frank Caliva at [email protected]
Demolition of the former Jaleo restaurant building in Crystal City began this week, as the site plan review process for a redevelopment on the block kicked off earlier this month….
Kenmore Middle School’s student release has been delayed and the school has been placed in “secure the building” mode due to a possible security threat.
Biz Talk discusses Arlington’s business community and their commitment to sustainability.
Don’t miss out on joining a summer league with DC Fray before registration closes June 14.