Looking for a job? Know someone who is? Starting today, ARLnow.com will periodically be highlighting job openings in the area. If you’re an employer with a position to fill, contact [email protected] to find out how we can help get your listing out in front of our talented, well-educated readership.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- 50% – public relations planning and execution; 30% – government relations analysis, advocacy and response, 20% new business development
- Public relations focus — energy, education, and healthcare industries
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans, including media and community outreach, incorporating ability for two-way dialogue with key audiences – research, prepare and distribute news releases, Op-Eds, and messages via new media, conduct follow up with wide variety of stakeholders, including the media
- Track news and conversations related to clients and industries; assist with communications development and outreach with and on behalf of clients
- Government relations focus — energy, environmental technologies, and high tech industries
- Monitor legislation and regulatory issues facing clients; review, analyze and prepare written comments/testimony for legislative/regulatory proceedings; cultivate business relationships with policymakers at state government level
- Business development focus — existing and new industries
- Use existing professional network to identify potential leads, develop proposals for new business, and successfully conclude agreements with new clients
- Identify opportunities for business in related industries to existing client base, or new industries that have a need for SCLLC services and products
- Meet annual goals for new business development, scaled to business network size, experience, and expertise
- Provide integral client support and strategy assistance
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong research and analytical skills – detailed issue tracking, multiple sources
- Ability to cultivate new client relationships through proactive business development
- Deadline driven and disciplined; strong initiative
- Strong listener – customer focus
- Strategic thinker
- Knowledge and interest in journalism and public relations
- Knowledge and interest in government relations and politics
- Enthusiastic, and motivated towards personal and organizational growth
- Commitment, confidentiality, and loyalty
- Ability to represent company with any audience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, political science or related field required; master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience
- Competitive salary and annual incentive potential
- Health insurance
- Company matched IRA
- Paid vacation & holidays
Interested applicants should email Frank Caliva at [email protected]
Looking for something to do this week in Arlington? Check out the following selections from our event calendar. If you’d like to see your event featured, fill out this form….
It’s a little less park-like than New York City’s High Line, but Arlington County has come up with a concept for new pedestrian bridge from Crystal City to National Airport….
Searching for a new place? Join the open house event at 1500 Arlington Apartments this Saturday.
Good news for coffee lovers who enjoy not taking extra steps to get their caffeine fix: Arlington’s lone drive-thru Starbucks is only closed temporarily. The cafe at 5515 Langston Blvd,…
INF Care Virtual Concierge is a new and inviting option to remote assistance that leverages the best of what technology should encompass with quality interaction.
For the busy individual that needs a way to reduce stress and tackle caring for an older family member that lives alone.
For the maturing adult that just needs help with everyday tedious tasks, connectivity, and access to data on their everyday habits to pinpoint areas that need more attention.
Looking for a more convenient way to work out?
On the Go Fitness Pro offers in home personal training. We bring the gym to you, so you can save time and skip the hassle of going to the gym. Plus, our trainers are certified and experienced, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible workout.
We provide all the equipment needed for a great workout or we can use the equipment that you have.
Schedule a free consultation today and see how we can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Mini Family & Pet Photo Sessions
Beat the rush and sign up to get your holiday photos now!
Bring your kids! Bring your dogs!
Check out the DeSilva Studios website. Look at the images and see if you like them