The job description and requirements are as follows.
Never walk alone. Physical fitness with a furry twist, our part time dog walking positions are the right balance of time/energy for students, retirees, entrepreneurs and stay at home moms. Our employees love PETS and PEOPLE alike, and eagerly deliver a regular routine of high quality care & interaction with a consistent roster of clients in a tight geographic area within ARLINGTON, VA.
- COMPENSATION: Paid on a generous per visit basis averaging between $14 and $17 per hour, 100% tips & expenses, cancellation, holiday and overtime pay.
- HOURS: Monday – Friday 10AM – 4PM
- TRAINING: This is a professional position that starts immediately after successful completion of required FREE & PAID field and classroom training, including PetTech® CPR, First Aid Certification and Safety Furst™ Urban WalkPro™ dog walking safety training as well as a foundation in canine behavior and body language.
- SELF-MOTIVATED ANIMAL LOVER
- LONG TERM commitment at a minimum of six months is required.
- Joining a supportive TEAM, where you never stop learning about pets and their behavior, nutrition, enrichment, safety and care.
- Your permanent home address is within TEN miles of our service area in Arlington County.
- You authorize permission to run a full criminal BACKGROUND CHECK.
- You possess a reliable insured AUTO and valid driver’s license.
- You possess a reliable SMARTPHONE you are willing to use for work.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter “explaining why you feel you would be a great addition to the Loyalty Team” to [email protected], AND complete the online application at http://www.loyaltypet.com/apply.
Our two-day stormy stretch is expected to carry on into Sunday, so make sure you take advantage of any sunny and dry periods as we head into the weekend. The…
Navigate the complex world of wine from the team at Arrowine & Cheese in the new The Nose That Knows column.
Inova is setting up a day-long community blood drive in Courthouse on Monday The healthcare company’s blood donation arm is again partnering with Fire Works American Pizzeria and Bar for…
A 3 BD/2 BA updated home with a new roof, refinished hardwood floors and private parking space is included in Open Houses.
“Probing the highly imaginative, inspired mind of Teresa Oaxaca is not altogether unlike having a present-day conversation with an Old Master,” says Nashville Arts Magazine.
Here is an unusual opportunity to learn from this incredibly talented and accessible artist, at Art House 7’s two-day oil painting workshop in October. Teresa will give 2 portrait painting demonstrations for 3 hours each morning. Students will then be painting from a clothed live model. Teresa will offer individual critiques that focus on materials, techniques, process and artistic vision. You’ll get jazzed up about painting and become more confident about your abilities.
Art House 7, Two-Day Oil Painting Workshop with Teresa Oaxaca. Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. EDT $250.
See more about Teresa Oaxaca here. Art House 7 5537 Langston Blvd., Arlington, Va. 22207
Validating one’s emotions has the power to heal, transform, and empower. What Is Validation? Every human being has feelings. We all have emotions that change over time, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. The question isn’t whether we feel; it’s how we handle feelings once they arise.
Building strategies to understand emotions is essential to positive mental health, and validation is one effective skill to practice.
Emotional validation is the process of understanding, embracing, and actively listening to another person’s feelings (or your own).
Understanding someone’s emotions doesn’t necessarily mean you approve of how they are feeling or reacting to something. You can be supportive in acknowledging and validating an emotional experience without agreeing or diminishing it. Validation is a skill to learn and improve over time. It may take practice, but the effort is most certainly worth it. Emotional validation has the power to enhance interpersonal communication and foster strong relationships.
Are you ready to buy your first home, but concerned about saving for a down payment? Grab a drink and join us for 45 minutes to learn more about how you can buy your first house with 3%, 5%, or