Matrix Group needs your help!
We have dozens and dozens of Sitefinity and WordPress sites. Since we host, manage and enhance our clients’ websites on a regular basis, we now have need for a Staff Developer who can take ownership of the CMS upgrades: perform them, develop best practices and guide our new implementations so that they are more easily upgraded in the future.
- Stay up to date with the latest news and trends with Sitefinity and WordPress. You’ll subscribe to news feeds and security bulletins, you’ll read all the release notes and you’ll be the expert on new versions.
- Be part of the team that evaluates new versions and creates an upgrade plan for each client site.
- Perform upgrades on client development sites and then figure out what breaks and what needs tweaking.
- Be an active participant in the web communities for Sitefinity and WordPress.
- Be a star troubleshooter because sometimes, s**t just breaks during upgrades and someone has to be the hero and fix things.
- Brief Project Managers and Directors on what’s new, what’s hot, and what’s now possible.
- Work with the Director of Software Engineering to continually define best practices for implementing CMS systems.
This is the perfect position for someone who likes to work on a lot of different sites, likes to be the expert on a couple of platforms, and is a great troubleshooter. You’ll need to work fast and your work needs to be good.
You will be successful in this position if:
- You have previously worked at an interactive agency and think it’s the best because of the pace and the diversity of projects and technologies
- You are up to speed with C#, MVC and visual studio
- You are comfortable playing with other web technologies
- You don’t mind taking an occasional Nerf dart to the skull
- You believe that code should be elegant and clean, and that coding is a creative act
Matrix Group is a leading interactive agency in the DC area. We make great websites for associations, professional societies and non-profits, and the occasional for profit company. Here are sample sites that recently won awards or just got redesigned:
- Mark G. Anderson Consultants
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
- National Association of Episcopal Schools
- Food Marketing Institute
You can learn more about us by visiting:
- Our website: MatrixGroup.net
- Our staff blog: SnackOClock.net
- Our CEO’s blog: TheMatrixFiles.net
- Our YouTube channel: YouTube.com/MatrixGroup
- Our Facebook page: Facebook.com/MatrixGroup (and other social media pages!)
To apply, please fill out our online form.
Settlement in Jail Death Case — “Relatives of a man who died in the Arlington County jail and their attorney would receive about $1.3 million in exchange for dismissal of…
In loving memory of Joseph Robert Kapacziewski, who passed away in 2023 at the age of 41.
In loving memory of James Stuart Edmonds, who passed away in 2023 at the age of 84.
A man was shot in front of a lounge on Columbia Pike early this morning, continuing a string of violent incidents.
YULA’s ultimate frisbee spring season is now open for registration. We offer programs for middle and high schoolers – open to all players, whether they are new or have previous experience.Middle SchoolIn the Middle School league, mixed-gender teams practice once during the week and have games on Sunday afternoons. Spring league is a fun, safe, and positive environment. The season begins mid-March and wraps up with a tournament in early June. There are several options for practice days, so we can often work around schedule conflicts with other sports & activities.High SchoolThe High School program is organized by school of attendance and teams are classified by gender. New players will learn the basics in a supportive, welcoming environment. Experienced players will continue to develop their skills, and enjoy competition with other high school programs. The season concludes with a state level championship tournament in late May.All players are guided by experienced coaches who emphasize sportsmanship and good spirit. Ultimate is a fun sport with great camaraderie!YULA does not want finances to limit anyone from participating. Our middle school program offers a “Pay What You Can” cost structure and our our high school program is offering a $50 discount to new players.Visit our website to register and learn more. Sign up with a friend, but don’t delay, the season starts in March!http://www.yula-ulti.org
The Arlington-Aachen High School exchange is returning this summer and currently accepting applicants.
The sister-city partnership started in 1993 by the Arlington Sister Cities Association, which seeks to promote Arlington’s international profile through a variety of exchanges in education, commerce, culture and the arts. The exchange, scheduled June 17th to July 4th, includes a two-week homestay in Aachen plus three days in Berlin. Knowledge of the German language is not required for the trip.
Former participants have this to say:
_”The Aachen exchange was an eye-opening experience where I was fully immersed in the life of a German student. I loved biking through the countryside to Belgium, having gelato and picnics in the town square, and hanging out with my German host student’s friends. My first time out of the country, the Aachen exchange taught me to keep an open mind, because you never know what could be a life changing experience.” – Kelly M._
Valentine gifts for someone special or for yourself are here at George Mason University from noon -4pm on February 14, 2023. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Kingsbury Chocolates, find a handmade bag from Karina Gaull, pick up treats from Village