Out of the 27 projects considered by the Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee in December, five were recommended for funding.
- Park improvements at Tyrol Hill Park in the Columbia Heights West neighborhood. Improvements — pictured, left — include demolition of the old existing play area, construction of a new tot and school-age play area, accessibility improvements, new concrete walkways, new site furnishings and a new water fountain. ($670,000)
- Street improvements on N. Buchanan Street between 24th Road and 24th Street N., in the the Old Dominion neighborhood. The project proposes a 24-foot wide roadway, curb and gutter improvements, and a 5-foot wide sidewalk on either side of N. Buchanan Street. ($310,246)
- New streetlights on 9th Street, 7th Street and S. Highland Street in the Arlington Heights neighborhood. The project will install “Carlyle style” LED lights. ($477,339)
- Park improvements at Chestnut Hills Park in the Yorktown neighborhood. The project includes “frontage and beautification improvements,” as well as new benches, a new accessible pathway to a portable toilet, a new enclosure for the toilet and pedestrian safety improvements. ($708,776)
- New streetlights on N. Cleveland Street between 1st Road N. to Washington Blvd, in the Lyon Park neighborhood. The project will install “Carlyle style” LED lights. ($147,843)
This round of Neighborhood Conservation funding also includes $200,000 for “missing link” projects.
Funding for the projects will be provided through Neighborhood Conservation bonds. The Neighborhood Conservation program allows neighborhood groups to apply to the county for public improvements requested by residents.
A wild scene played out Friday night along a quiet, dead end street in North Arlington. Police say it started when a female resident brandished a gun at a person…
Cyber Threat Alliance enables cybersecurity companies to share threat information with each other quickly to prevent and respond to attacks.
The Arlington School Board unanimously approved a $749.9 million budget for the 2022-23 school year during its meeting Thursday night. Revenue for the Fiscal Year 2023 budget includes a $563.8…
JINYA Ramen Bar is set to open its newest location in Ballston this weekend. The noodle eatery says its official opening will happen this Saturday (May 21) at 11 a.m….