The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch, saying that 5 or more inches of snow is possible Tuesday. Other forecasters say the snow total is likely to be lower — perhaps 2-3 inches.
From the National Weather Service:
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE…POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOW. THE PRECIPITATION MAY START AS A PERIOD OF SLEET…ESPECIALLY SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 66 IN VIRGINIA…THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA…AND U.S. ROUTE 50 IN MARYLAND.
* ACCUMULATIONS…POTENTIAL FOR FIVE INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW.
* TIMING…NEAR DAWN TUESDAY THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY AFTERNOON…INCLUDING THE TUESDAY MORNING RUSH HOUR.
* TEMPERATURES…UPPER 20S AND LOWER 30S.
* WINDS…NORTH 5 TO 10 MPH.
* IMPACTS…HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE PROBABLE DUE TO ACCUMULATING SNOW…WHICH WILL CAUSE ADVERSE TRAVELING CONDITIONS. THE SNOW WILL LIKELY IMPACT THE MORNING RUSH TUESDAY WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR ACCUMULATION RATES OF 1-2 INCHES PER HOUR FOR A TWO-TO-FOUR HOUR PERIOD FROM DAYBREAK TO MID-TO-LATE MORNING.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW…SLEET…OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.
Even as officials and advocates continue to hail the Crystal City-Potomac Yard Transitway as forward-thinking, there’ve been literal instances of backwards driving. ARLnow has received reports of cars entering the…
A Connecticut man has been jailed after police say he stole items from two cars and then tried to run from officers. The arrest happened early Monday morning in the…
Carbeque on I-395 — A car was engulfed in flames on I-395 near Shirlington Circle last night. Southbound and HOV lanes were blocked as firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze….
A 2 BD/1 BA home in Shirlington with track lighting, hardwood floors and fireplace is included in today’s Just Reduced.