Alan Howze, Peter Fallon and Cord Thomas all announced their candidacies for the seat at the Arlington County Democratic Committee’s December meeting, and a nominee will be chosen in an instant run-off vote during unassembled caucuses on Thursday, Jan. 30 at Key Elementary School (2300 Key Blvd) from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 1 at Kenmore Middle School (200 S. Carlin Springs Road) from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Four of the five planned debates are sponsored by the ACDC, and the fifth will be hosted by the Arlington Young Democrats on Jan. 15.
- Wednesday, Jan. 8, 7:00-9:00 p.m. — National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4301 Wilson Blvd (entrance on N. Taylor St.)
- Wednesday, Jan. 15, 7:00-9:00 p.m. — National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4301 Wilson Blvd (hosted by the Arlington Young Democrats)
- Saturday, Jan. 18, 2:00-4:00 p.m. — Campbell School (in the multi-purpose room), 737 S. Carlin Springs Road
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 8:00-9:00 p.m. — Glebe School (in the multi-purpose room), 1770 N. Glebe Road
- Monday, Jan. 27, 8:00-9:00 p.m. — Drew School (in the multi-purpose room), 3500 S. 23rd Street
In addition to Howze, Fallon and Thomas, independent John Vihstatd and libertarian Evan Bernick have announced that they’re running for Zimmerman’s board seat. The special election will be scheduled by the Arlington Circuit Court when Zimmerman officially steps down from his seat, which he has said he will do by the end of the month.
Local Republicans nominated Arlington resident Karina Lipsman on Saturday to seek the U.S. House seat currently held by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.). Early voting is underway for the primary to…
An Arlington man is facing charges after allegedly shoving and threatening a county parking aide. The incident happened Thursday afternoon along S. Lowell Street in the Green Valley neighborhood. “At…
Fill your days with adventure as District Fray Magazine compiles a list of 26 things to do this summer.
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Two companies that help…