Alan Howze, Peter Fallon and Cord Thomas all announced their candidacies for the seat at the Arlington County Democratic Committee’s December meeting, and a nominee will be chosen in an instant run-off vote during unassembled caucuses on Thursday, Jan. 30 at Key Elementary School (2300 Key Blvd) from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 1 at Kenmore Middle School (200 S. Carlin Springs Road) from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Four of the five planned debates are sponsored by the ACDC, and the fifth will be hosted by the Arlington Young Democrats on Jan. 15.
- Wednesday, Jan. 8, 7:00-9:00 p.m. — National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4301 Wilson Blvd (entrance on N. Taylor St.)
- Wednesday, Jan. 15, 7:00-9:00 p.m. — National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4301 Wilson Blvd (hosted by the Arlington Young Democrats)
- Saturday, Jan. 18, 2:00-4:00 p.m. — Campbell School (in the multi-purpose room), 737 S. Carlin Springs Road
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 8:00-9:00 p.m. — Glebe School (in the multi-purpose room), 1770 N. Glebe Road
- Monday, Jan. 27, 8:00-9:00 p.m. — Drew School (in the multi-purpose room), 3500 S. 23rd Street
In addition to Howze, Fallon and Thomas, independent John Vihstatd and libertarian Evan Bernick have announced that they’re running for Zimmerman’s board seat. The special election will be scheduled by the Arlington Circuit Court when Zimmerman officially steps down from his seat, which he has said he will do by the end of the month.
Firefighters are investigating a possible kitchen fire at Dama Pastry and Restaurant on Columbia Pike. Units arrived on scene at the long-time Ethiopian eatery at 1503 Columbia Pike and found…
These 3 BD/3.5 BA luxury townhomes feature four finished levels plus an outdoor terrace, a first-floor office and a two-car garage.
There’s a bit of good news for Arlington on the Covid front. The county has seen a more than week-long decline in its seven-day moving average of new Covid cases….
Arlington police are asking for the public’s help in locating a fugitive accused of a violent crime. Theodore Li, 35, is accused of stabbing someone multiple times with a knife…