Want to see for how much your neighbor just sold her house? That’s one of the streams of information in Arlington County’s new mobile app.
My Arlington, the recently-released app for iPhone and Android devices, “puts popular County information about events, real estate, permits and more in the palm of your hand,” says a county press release.
Among the noted features are:
- “County Board and commission meetings, searchable by geographic location, date and other criteria”
- “County sponsored events, searchable by geographic location, date, age group and other criteria”
- “Permits information (status, permit type, description of work, contractor, location owner, etc.), searchable by geographic location and permit type”
- “Real estate sales and assessment information, searchable by geographic location, price and property type”
- “Newsfeeds for County Government and Arlington Public Schools”
- “Alerts, including Arlington Alerts and transit-related alerts and updates for WMATA and ART”
- “County contact information including links to the County’s Service Directory and a feedback form for the app”
“My Arlington is a terrific new tool that will help us better engage and communicate with our community,” Arlington County Manager Mark Schwartz said in a statement. “We are already working on making the app even more robust – we think this, and other technologies we are looking into, will help us better serve residents and make County government more accessible and transparent.”
The county is “already working on adding more functions to the app, including: traffic disruptions, crime statistics and other useful information.”
My Arlington will supplement other county apps like the ArlingtonVA Service Requests app, which launched in 2014 and allows residents to report potholes, trash collection issues and other non-emergency problems.