Want to see for how much your neighbor just sold her house? That’s one of the streams of information in Arlington County’s new mobile app.
My Arlington, the recently-released app for iPhone and Android devices, “puts popular County information about events, real estate, permits and more in the palm of your hand,” says a county press release.
Among the noted features are:
- “County Board and commission meetings, searchable by geographic location, date and other criteria”
- “County sponsored events, searchable by geographic location, date, age group and other criteria”
- “Permits information (status, permit type, description of work, contractor, location owner, etc.), searchable by geographic location and permit type”
- “Real estate sales and assessment information, searchable by geographic location, price and property type”
- “Newsfeeds for County Government and Arlington Public Schools”
- “Alerts, including Arlington Alerts and transit-related alerts and updates for WMATA and ART”
- “County contact information including links to the County’s Service Directory and a feedback form for the app”
“My Arlington is a terrific new tool that will help us better engage and communicate with our community,” Arlington County Manager Mark Schwartz said in a statement. “We are already working on making the app even more robust – we think this, and other technologies we are looking into, will help us better serve residents and make County government more accessible and transparent.”
The county is “already working on adding more functions to the app, including: traffic disruptions, crime statistics and other useful information.”
My Arlington will supplement other county apps like the ArlingtonVA Service Requests app, which launched in 2014 and allows residents to report potholes, trash collection issues and other non-emergency problems.
A 2 BD/1 BA brick home with a walk-out lower level, backyard and hardwood floors is included in Just Reduced
Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 7888 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today…
Two dogs with the ruff job of sniffing out danger at Reagan National Airport are in the limelight. Ava and Messi — the pair of pooches prowling DCA for smelly…
Join the Alexandria Symphony for their Home for the Holidays concert on December 17-18.
Grab some friends and sign up for Parks & Rec’s Eugene J. Green Memorial Winter Basketball League! Adults 18+ can register teams of up to 12 people for the ten-game season. Cost is $765 per team. Games are Mondays and/or Wednesdays at Arlington Mill Community Center starting the week of Jan. 4. Sign up here by Dec. 11.
Join us at Art House 7 this Saturday 4-7pm for our Annual Open House – Teacher and Student art show!
- Meet our teachers
- See student and teacher artwork
- Teacher’s paintings, ceramics, notecards will be for sale
- Enjoy beverages and light refreshments
- All attendees get a $20 gift certificate off a class
- 30% off everything in our Supply Store for holiday gifts
Sat. Dec. 3, 4-7pm
Art House 7
5537 Langston Blvd.
Arlington VA 22207
NCE’s Holiday Concert will bring the finest classical masterpieces and holiday favorites together for the whole family. The festivities begin with Leroy Anderson’s classic “Sleigh Ride” and “Chanukkah Festival”, music from the Nutcracker and by J.S. Bach.
Outstanding Young Artist