Local coffee roaster Commonwealth Joe appears ready to open a new coffee shop in Pentagon City.
Commonwealth Joe already has a coffee shop presence in Arlington — it acquired Java Shack near Courthouse just over a year ago. The new Pentagon City store would represent a significant expansion for the company, which has previously focused mostly on wholesale and office coffee distribution.
Located at the corner of S. Eads Street and an extension of 12th Street S., the Bartlett’s most-touted amenity is a new Whole Foods grocery store. The Whole Foods is expected to open this summer, according to signs around the building.
In addition to the Whole Foods and the planned Commonwealth Joe coffee shop, the apartment building will have a number of high-end, Millennial-friendly features, including:
- “Sky Club” rooftop pool deck and lounge with monument views
- Pet-friendly courtyard dubbed “The Lawn” with a fire pit and a library of lawn games
- “Grill Deck” with pizza oven
- Coworking-style “WorkBar” with offices, Wi-fi and conference rooms
- “S’Paw Pet Spa,” “Paw Patch puppy playground,” “BarkBar treat station”
- “Loft” with flat-screen TVs, foosball, shuffleboard and billiards
- Expansive fitness club with “crossfit equipment and more weights and cardio machines than your gym across town.”
The Bartlett is now pre-leasing, according to its website.
Hat tip to Chris Slatt
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…