Last night, the finalists for the 2016 RAMMY Awards were announced and a number of Arlington restaurants made the cut.
Organized by the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington, the RAMMYs recognize excellence among D.C. area restaurants. Typically the awards are pretty District-centric. In 2011, for instance, only two Arlington restaurants were nominated.
This year, Arlington restaurants garnered a half dozen or so nominations. Among them:
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year – Northside Social Coffee & Wine
- Employee of the Year – Andrea Raiello, Water & Wall
- Manager of the Year – Carlos Fernandez, Best Buns Bread Company
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Bridie McCulla, Northside Social, The Liberty Tavern, Lyon Hall
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Tressa Wiles, Bayou Bakery
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year – Jonah Kim, Yona
- Restaurateur of the Year – Mike Isabella Concepts (Graffiato, Kapnos, G, Kapnos Taverna, Pepita, Yona, etc)
This post is exclusively for ARLnow Press Club members. Not a member? Join here. Members can sign in here.
Local candidates offered differing takes on police oversight and demographic disparities in public schools during a candidate forum last night. The Arlington branch of the NAACP hosted Monday’s forum, featuring…
School is back in session and Arlington’s Public Schools had some bad news to deliver. Last week we learned that enrollment at the beginning of the school year is off by nearly 2,200 students from projections in the current budget — from 29,100 projected to 26,932 actual.
A serious but previously unreported Metro incident in Arlington was revealed during a safety meeting today. The incident on Saturday, May 8 involved a Metro rider who ignored signs and…