Last night, the finalists for the 2016 RAMMY Awards were announced and a number of Arlington restaurants made the cut.
Organized by the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington, the RAMMYs recognize excellence among D.C. area restaurants. Typically the awards are pretty District-centric. In 2011, for instance, only two Arlington restaurants were nominated.
This year, Arlington restaurants garnered a half dozen or so nominations. Among them:
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year – Northside Social Coffee & Wine
- Employee of the Year – Andrea Raiello, Water & Wall
- Manager of the Year – Carlos Fernandez, Best Buns Bread Company
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Bridie McCulla, Northside Social, The Liberty Tavern, Lyon Hall
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Tressa Wiles, Bayou Bakery
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year – Jonah Kim, Yona
- Restaurateur of the Year – Mike Isabella Concepts (Graffiato, Kapnos, G, Kapnos Taverna, Pepita, Yona, etc)