Last night, the finalists for the 2016 RAMMY Awards were announced and a number of Arlington restaurants made the cut.
Organized by the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington, the RAMMYs recognize excellence among D.C. area restaurants. Typically the awards are pretty District-centric. In 2011, for instance, only two Arlington restaurants were nominated.
This year, Arlington restaurants garnered a half dozen or so nominations. Among them:
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year – Northside Social Coffee & Wine
- Employee of the Year – Andrea Raiello, Water & Wall
- Manager of the Year – Carlos Fernandez, Best Buns Bread Company
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Bridie McCulla, Northside Social, The Liberty Tavern, Lyon Hall
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Tressa Wiles, Bayou Bakery
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year – Jonah Kim, Yona
- Restaurateur of the Year – Mike Isabella Concepts (Graffiato, Kapnos, G, Kapnos Taverna, Pepita, Yona, etc)
An Arlington man is facing charges after allegedly shoving and threatening a county parking aide. The incident happened Thursday afternoon along S. Lowell Street in the Green Valley neighborhood. “At…
Fill your days with adventure as District Fray Magazine compiles a list of 26 things to do this summer.
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Two companies that help…
Our Mom Eugenia, a popular Great Falls-based Greek restaurant, is opening a new outpost in Shirlington. The family-owned Greek eatery is aiming to open by the fall, a press release…