Arlington is set to lose one of its Metro stops on the Blue and Yellow lines for seven days as part of another “SafeTrack surge,” which is set to start tomorrow.
“Surge 4” track repair work is slated to begin Tuesday and will keep the station closed through the following Monday.
Until the Crystal City station’s scheduled reopening on Tuesday, July 19, Metro will have free shuttle bus service to connect the stop with the Reagan National and Pentagon City stations.
Arlington and airport officials are encouraging travelers to avoid driving near the three stations and use buses and other modes of transportation to get around.
An Arlington County website has the following information those affected by the Metro maintenance work and station closure.
Street operations changes for Surge 3 and 4
- Temporary changes around the Pentagon City Metro station will accommodate alternate travel options.
- Includes removing street parking on east side of South Hayes Street to allow for shuttle bus drop-off and staging.
- Pentagon City bus service locations
- Changes for Surge 2 around the Crystal City and Rosslyn Metro stations will continue for Surges 3 and 4.
- In Crystal City, South Bell Street remains bus-only between 15th and 18th Streets.
- Crystal City temporary transportation plan
- Crystal City bus service locations
- Rosslyn temporary transportation plan
Supplemental local bus service continued from prior surges
- The new ART service and additional ART bus capacity on routes that parallel the Blue Line will continue through Surges 3 and 4:
- Midday, evening and weekend service for ART 43 (Crystal City-Rosslyn-Courthouse) – This route provides a direct connection from Crystal City to the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor. On weekdays, 40-foot buses will be used to add capacity.
- 40-foot buses for ART 42 (Ballston-Pentagon) to add capacity – Each 40-foot bus has five more seats and room for more standees compared to 35-foot buses normally used on this route.
- For changes to bus service operated by Metro and other jurisdictions, visit Metro’s website.
Alternate travel and work options
- The County continues to encourage telework/flex time, ridesharing, biking and walking – options other than driving alone:
- Arlington Transportation Partners is reaching out to employers and building managers to urge them to encourage telework or flex schedules and provide travel option information.
- Arlington’s Commuter Page has travel option resources for residents and businesses – for example, assistance for vanpooling and other car-free options.
- For teleworkers who can’t work at home, Arlington Public Libraries offer wifi, office equipment, design stations with Adobe software, and small meeting rooms.
- For those who bike, these changes are continued from prior surges:
- Additional capacity at Capital Bikeshare stations and bike parking around the Rosslyn and Crystal City Metro stations.
- Custom Bike Trains arranged for County residents upon request – contact [email protected]. BikeArlington also will support promotion of Alexandria’s bike trains that will run from Braddock Road Metro station to Pentagon City.
- Improved directional signage along bike commuter routes.
- For those who use transit, bike or walk:
- Ambassadors will be at Pentagon City Metro station to help travelers with their questions and trip planning.
- Enhanced wayfinding signage at affected Metro stations will point people along safe routes to buses, shuttles, bike parking, Capital Bikeshare, station elevators, and other service locations.
Image via Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
A 3 BD/3.5 BA four level brick townhome with a private roof deck and finished 2 car garage is included in Just Reduced.
Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 16176 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
A teenage girl on an electric scooter was seriously injured after colliding with a driver near Washington-Liberty High School earlier this afternoon. Shortly after 1 p.m. on Tuesday, police were…
Arlington County is offering residents free training on the anti-overdose drug Narcan. The sessions are available as an hour-long online training course or an abridged, 10-minute training over the phone….
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
“Since the nature of our business being exclusively remote, we take HIPAA compliance very seriously. With the help of Compliancy Group, we are able to take steps to fortify our systems to protect PHI information and familiarize each employee about HIPAA and how we can further safeguard PHI data.” said EDBS Dental Billing Solutions founder Goldie De Leon.
Are you feeling overwhelmed or struggling to cope with life’s challenges? You’re not alone. Mental health issues are more common than you might think, and seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
Our counseling service provides a safe, supportive environment where you can explore your feelings, identify negative thought patterns, and learn coping skills to manage your symptoms. Lauren is trained in evidence-based practices and specializes in a range of mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, trauma, and addiction.
We understand that seeking counseling can be intimidating, but we believe that everyone deserves to live a fulfilling, happy life. Our approach is non-judgmental and compassionate, and we work collaboratively with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs and goals.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our service is a good fit for you. Reach out at https://peacefulmindsolutions.com or call (703) 994-0300 to set up a consultation.
Singin’ in the Rain
The “Greatest Movie Musical of All Time” is faithfully and lovingly adapted for the stage by Broadway legends, Betty Comden and Adolph Green, from their original award-winning screenplay. Each unforgettable scene, song and dance is accounted for, including the show-stopping
5 Tips for Buying Your Dream Home – A Free…
Are you planning to move in the next 12 months but feeling overwhelmed by the current real estate market’s low inventory and high mortgage rates? Join us for a short seminar where we’ll provide 5 tips to help you find