A cigarette reportedly sparked a fire that has closed the patio at Freddie’s Beach Bar in Crystal City.
The fire was reported last night around 10:30 p.m. The fire department quickly arrived on scene and extinguished the flames, which scorched parts of the patio and its awning, owner Freddie Lutz told ARLnow.com.
Patrons were evacuated during the fire and no injuries were reported.
The bar, located at 555 23rd Street S., expects to open as usual at 4 p.m. today, though the patio will remain closed indefinitely, pending repairs, Lutz said.
— Arlington Fire (@ArlingtonVaFD) October 5, 2017
Sunrise Senior Living is looking to rebuild, expand and modernize a decades-old facility in Arlington that serves people with memory impairments such as Alzheimer’s. The McLean-based senior living company, which…
Bearded Goat Barber is opening its third location next week in Shirlington. The 1,0888 square-foot full service barber shop turns on its shears Monday, November 1 in the former Hair…
Reduced Metro Service Continues — “Metro continues working to finalize plans in cooperation with safety officials to return the 7000-series railcars to passenger service and fully restore its rail system….
Explore the hidden gem that is Arlington Heights with Susan Minnick in this week’s Neighborhood Spotlight.